Additional analog/discrete devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional analog/discrete devices

Last edited by clauder; September 9, 2005, 08:46 PM.

Do you have control or do you know the output format of of the STAMP serial output? It may be possible to talk directly to the interface rather than the file system intermedidate. Do you have links to the product you are using for the data acquisition?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
      Do you have control or do you know the output format of of the STAMP serial output? It may be possible to talk directly to the interface rather than the file system intermedidate. Do you have links to the product you are using for the data acquisition?

Comment

Do you want mcsTemperature to pull the data at some periodic interval or do you want the STAMP to push the data to mcsTemperature when something changes?

The K3145 is a 4 channel temperature input device that has a very simple protocol where mcsTemperature controls the DTR to cause the K3145 to dump 4 temp readings.

Propose what you would like and I will counter with how we make it happen.
        Last edited by Michael McSharry; October 24, 2005, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
          Do you want mcsTemperature to pull the data at some periodic interval or do you want the STAMP to push the data to mcsTemperature when something changes?

The DAS3145 is a 4 channel temperature input device that has a very simple protocol where mcsTemperature controls the DTR to cause the DAS3145 to dump 4 temp readings.

Propose what you would like and I will counter with how we make it happen.
          Thanks again Michael. The former (i.e., mcsTemperature pulls the data) seem most logical to me. Looks like I would need to monitor DTR from the STAMP and send the readings when you switch to the right state from the plug-in.

Since I have six sensors each capable of producing temp/hum data, would you suggest I set up several DAS3145 interfaces to pull all the data?

Do appreciate your willingness to help me out.

Best regards,
          Claude

Comment

DTR is not needed. I just gave it as an example.

I mcsTemperature pulls the data then it needs to know how to make the request and identify one sensor. It could also be delivered by a CrLf terminated line with something like comma or semicolon between each sensor and the position in the line will identify the sensor.

The easiest interface to implement is one where you push the data because the interface is a one way one. Every minute/5 minutes/10 minutes or whatever you deliver a line of data where the line contains all 6 sensor values.
            You could also deliver one per line like the Temp05 does and include an ID along with the value.

If you do not have a good source for a periodic timer then we can pull the data with something like DTR to flag that another set of data is being requested. Again your choice, but I'm giving you ideas.

Comment

Thanks Michael. Time for me to do some thinking and experiment at bit. Appreciate your suggestions.

Regards,
              Claude

Comment

Working...
              X