Moving Com Ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Com Ports

I have searched but can not find out how to move my DS9x9x to a new Com port. It is installed on COM1 but I need to move it to COM3.

I only have a weather station connected to it. Will I end up with duplicate data?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

You need only change the port setting on the Interface tab to the new one. You can also move it and then click the poll for adapters button on the same tab and it will populate the box for you. You will not get duplicate data

Comment

Well I thought it should be that simple BUT, when I do this I get this error:
      "All database fields must be unique in the map between virtual devices to database field, problen field(s) are sD100000015278D26V1, ........................................"

Any ideas?

Comment

Hi Michael,

I'm getting the same error as well. How do I go about fixing it? I've made a backup copy of my database and then started poking, trying changing things in the "database" tab, but nothing seems to work. I also changed my COM port. It's been broke a number of months now as I've kinda forgotten about it, but it's now on my holiday fix-it-to-do-list.

Comment

The message indicates which database fields are used by more than one sensor per the setup on the Analog/Discrete/User tabs. From the setup look for the database name that is duplicated in the Database column and change one of them so each will have a unique name. Another way to do this is to edit \Config\mcsTemperature.ini when HS is not running. This allows you to use seach capability of your text editor. Find the duplicates and change so each database name is unique. When HS starts the new Database fields will be created.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
            The message indicates which database fields are used by more than one sensor per the setup on the Analog/Discrete/User tabs. From the setup look for the database name that is duplicated in the Database column and change one of them so each will have a unique name. Another way to do this is to edit \Config\mcsTemperature.ini when HS is not running. This allows you to use seach capability of your text editor. Find the duplicates and change so each database name is unique. When HS starts the new Database fields will be created.
            Perfect, worked great!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X