Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simonog
    replied
    This will seem a naive question: how do I tell from the sensor numbers what the type of the sensor is? Am I missing something really obvious?

On the analogue page 1 I see a total of 12 devices. The one which is identified by the plugin as a Humidity device is the only one which doesn't show USB2 under the column headed Temp 05 D:I. It is blank instead. Mean anything?

does the Temp 05 heading mean that the AAG looks like a Temp 05 or is it just the convenient column for all one wire devices?

I really appreciate your having replied so fast to my previous post. I have now read the whole of the mcsTemp plugin manual - looking forward to getting it working fully.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The wind speed uses a DS2323 dual counter. I think they connected both counters to the same source. The one that shows up as water flow can be excluded/hidden.

The rain gauge is also a DS2423 dual channel counter. Same config as with the Wind Speed except the first counter is changed to rainfall counter. It will most likely assume the first counter is wind speed so you will need to experiment to see which of the two DS2423's are associated with each instrument.

Voltages are generated by DS2438 and DS2450. The DS2450 is the wind direction. The DS2438 is often used in Humidity. Since you are interested in Wind and Humidity rather than the raw voltages all the voltage devices can be excluded/hidden.

If the barometer is of the same design as the AAG barometer module then it cannot be used with mcsTemperature. They use a bit on a DS2406 to multiplex all data and control and processing a stream of data through a single bit is a burden on a general purpose PC. It would be fine if it was a dedicated micro with nothing else to do with its time.

I believe the Humidity module from AAG uses a DS2438 and is supported. It should show up as a Humidity device by default, but if not then look for a device where the serial number has 26 as the last two characters and select it to be humidity.

Leave a comment:

• simonog
    started a topic AAG Electronica Weather Station

AAG Electronica Weather Station

I am now trying to set one of these up for mcsTemperature in HS2.

the plugin has found the USB port on which I have the setup configured. There is a basic weather station with Wind speed, direction and ambient temperature, and extra devices for barometric pressure, humidity and a rain guage.

I am struggling with all the settings which appear in mcsTemperature setup pages: it appears to find Water flow, wind gust and loads of Voltage devices. furthermore, I don't think it is recording the data in the database (which is set up).

Has anyone configured this weather station to work well with mcsTemperature? If so, it would be great if you could share the settings you used. Otherwise I will find a way to get it going and post the settings for others. The weather station is great as an out of the box device, and the plugin seems very powerful: it's now about making them live together in blissful matrimony!

Happy New Year to all HS users.

Simon
Working...
X