AAG Pressure Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAG Pressure Sensor

Hi all..can anyone tell me if the TAI8570 1-wire pressure sensor from AAG Electronica is supported by MCSTemperature?

Thanks

Andy

No. The design based upon the DS2438 rather than the DS2406 is supported. I believe hobby-boards.com has the supported design, but I'm not postive of this. Mitch at Midon Design will know which is supported by the Temp08.

Comment

If the software supports a Barometer based on the DS2438 then our Barometer will work fine.

Eric

Comment

http://www.weather-display.com supports this pressure sensor as well as all the other weather related sensors.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Hi guys...thanks for the input. I was previously using all these sensors under weather display but liked the look of Michaels MCSTemp program and the triggers it could perform. Unfortunatley I only have the one 1wire interface being The Link from AAG which I can't use for both Homeseer and WD at the same time. Looks like a Tempo8 purchase if I want to expand my network using the current setup. Thanks again

Comment

I located the JAVA interface software for this unit and converted it to VB. No problems with this conversion. This was the same approach I used to interface the AAG LCD Text Display. I do not have any desire to purchase the device, but if someone is willing to loan one then I will try to integrate it.

Comment

Woah!!

Did you say you support the AAG LCD display? I didn't know that!

Ummm.. how exactly is it supported? Can you elaborate just a bit as to how to get text to it? Thanks!

Comment

It is supported with xapmcs1Wire and it responds to BSC message Text key or to Message.Display Line1 and Line2 keys.

Comment

Thanks Michael.....I'm in Oz and would be happy to lend you mine if no one else was willing within the USA. Lets wait a bit and see perhaps?

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Thanks for the offer. It would cost more in transportation charges than the cost of a unit. We really do need someone within 3000 or so miles.

Comment

Michael,

Are you looking for a TAI8570 to be loaned to you? If so, I may be able to part with mine for a couple of weeks to get MCSTemp to work with it. I recently switched over to OWW on a linux box to read weather data, but would rather be using MCSTemp again.

I just wish MCSTemp outputted in Henriksen WServer format, then the world would be perfect.

-Mike

Comment

*bump*
                        Michael,

Still willing to send it to you

-Mike

Comment

I missed your offer and am willing to give it a try. I'll send you a PM with the mailing address. Where is the Wserver protocol published? I see it supports TCP/UDP/DDE.
                          Last edited by Michael McSharry; January 25, 2006, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I have the AAG Barometer functional for both the Baro and Temperature readings. My baro readings are about 0.5 lower than the readings provided by the internet. The temperature reading is about 4 degrees cooler than the Temp05 is providing with its onboard DS1820. These may be both a result of no local calibration on the AAG unit.

As I expected the interface is a slug. It is about 30 seconds to obtain the humidity reading and this ties up the application for the full duration. In the xapmcs1Wire the burden is tolerable since data collection is all that it is doing. For mcsTemperature it is not a good thing as it will likely also slow down HS. I suspect I will only implement the interface in xapmcs1wire and leave mcsTemperature to take the same route as Temp05 with only the DS2438-based barometer. The AAG unit will still have the path of xap->hs->mcsTemperature.

If someone has a specific link on method to calibrate the barometer then I will complete the process, otherwise I will return the unit to mloebl who was kind enough to provide the loaner. I looked on the OWW site, but I did not know where to specifically look.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
                              I have the AAG Barometer functional for both the Baro and Temperature readings. My baro readings are about 0.5 lower than the readings provided by the internet. The temperature reading is about 4 degrees cooler than the Temp05 is providing with its onboard DS1820. These may be both a result of no local calibration on the AAG unit.

As I expected the interface is a slug. It is about 30 seconds to obtain the humidity reading and this ties up the application for the full duration. In the xapmcs1Wire the burden is tolerable since data collection is all that it is doing. For mcsTemperature it is not a good thing as it will likely also slow down HS. I suspect I will only implement the interface in xapmcs1wire and leave mcsTemperature to take the same route as Temp05 with only the DS2438-based barometer. The AAG unit will still have the path of xap->hs->mcsTemperature.

If someone has a specific link on method to calibrate the barometer then I will complete the process, otherwise I will return the unit to mloebl who was kind enough to provide the loaner. I looked on the OWW site, but I did not know where to specifically look.
                              Michael,

Have you seen this:
                              http://oww.sourceforge.net/calibration.html as well as http://oww.sourceforge.net/bp_scale.php ?

Hope that helps,

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X