Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    It is supported with xapmcs1Wire and not mcsTemperature. Each pressure sample takes about 30 seconds and the CPU is pretty much dedicated to this function during that time. I elected not to put the code in mcsTemperature because of the implications it would have to loading down Homeseer. You can get it from xapmcs1wire into homeseer via an xap plugin.

Leave a comment:

• tedvpt
    replied
    Hi Michael,

Just saw this thread, and correct me if I'm wrong, but did you say you have the TAI8570 now working with your software. I have one of these sensors sitting on the shelf for over a year now and it would be great to use it. I know it's a burden on the system but I plan to put this sensor on it's own off a DS0907U and poll it say every 5 mins or so. What do you think?

Anyway great if you have the support for this now, however if you think it may not be the best solution then no problem.

Many thanks,

Ted

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    With persistence I was able to get the AAG SW to see the unit and generate output. The readings were the same as I obtained from my software so I believe I have the implementation correct. I just need to finish up the user interface. I will add an offset calibration to supplement the altitude-based slope calibration and post the update in a day or two.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I too have used the software from the AAG website and found it to be ok for temp but the baro was about 10 hPa out compared to other local readings. Lucky Weather Display has an offset option!!

Leave a comment:

• mloebl
    replied
    I have used the AAG software,and find it *incredibly* buggy, but hey, it's free . Took me 3 or 4 trieds to get it to show up as it's not a user intuitive way of adding sensors (if it even works at all.) The readings I got on that were the same as OWW until I added the offset in OWW.

-Mike

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I found the calculation. Looks like a simple scaling which is already supported by the software. I did try to run the Windows application downloaded from AAG to compare my reading vs theirs and was never able to get their software to recognize the adapter on my computer. Have you tried to use their Baro application?

Leave a comment:

• mloebl
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael McSharry
    I have the AAG Barometer functional for both the Baro and Temperature readings. My baro readings are about 0.5 lower than the readings provided by the internet. The temperature reading is about 4 degrees cooler than the Temp05 is providing with its onboard DS1820. These may be both a result of no local calibration on the AAG unit.

As I expected the interface is a slug. It is about 30 seconds to obtain the humidity reading and this ties up the application for the full duration. In the xapmcs1Wire the burden is tolerable since data collection is all that it is doing. For mcsTemperature it is not a good thing as it will likely also slow down HS. I suspect I will only implement the interface in xapmcs1wire and leave mcsTemperature to take the same route as Temp05 with only the DS2438-based barometer. The AAG unit will still have the path of xap->hs->mcsTemperature.

If someone has a specific link on method to calibrate the barometer then I will complete the process, otherwise I will return the unit to mloebl who was kind enough to provide the loaner. I looked on the OWW site, but I did not know where to specifically look.
    Michael,

Have you seen this:
    http://oww.sourceforge.net/calibration.html as well as http://oww.sourceforge.net/bp_scale.php ?

Hope that helps,

-Mike

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I have the AAG Barometer functional for both the Baro and Temperature readings. My baro readings are about 0.5 lower than the readings provided by the internet. The temperature reading is about 4 degrees cooler than the Temp05 is providing with its onboard DS1820. These may be both a result of no local calibration on the AAG unit.

As I expected the interface is a slug. It is about 30 seconds to obtain the humidity reading and this ties up the application for the full duration. In the xapmcs1Wire the burden is tolerable since data collection is all that it is doing. For mcsTemperature it is not a good thing as it will likely also slow down HS. I suspect I will only implement the interface in xapmcs1wire and leave mcsTemperature to take the same route as Temp05 with only the DS2438-based barometer. The AAG unit will still have the path of xap->hs->mcsTemperature.

If someone has a specific link on method to calibrate the barometer then I will complete the process, otherwise I will return the unit to mloebl who was kind enough to provide the loaner. I looked on the OWW site, but I did not know where to specifically look.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I missed your offer and am willing to give it a try. I'll send you a PM with the mailing address. Where is the Wserver protocol published? I see it supports TCP/UDP/DDE.
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; January 25, 2006, 11:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mloebl
    replied
    *bump*
    Michael,

Still willing to send it to you

-Mike

Leave a comment:

• mloebl
    replied
    Michael,

Are you looking for a TAI8570 to be loaned to you? If so, I may be able to part with mine for a couple of weeks to get MCSTemp to work with it. I recently switched over to OWW on a linux box to read weather data, but would rather be using MCSTemp again.

I just wish MCSTemp outputted in Henriksen WServer format, then the world would be perfect.

-Mike

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Thanks for the offer. It would cost more in transportation charges than the cost of a unit. We really do need someone within 3000 or so miles.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks Michael.....I'm in Oz and would be happy to lend you mine if no one else was willing within the USA. Lets wait a bit and see perhaps?

Cheers

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    It is supported with xapmcs1Wire and it responds to BSC message Text key or to Message.Display Line1 and Line2 keys.

Leave a comment:

• Scottbee
    replied
    Woah!!

Did you say you support the AAG LCD display? I didn't know that!

Ummm.. how exactly is it supported? Can you elaborate just a bit as to how to get text to it? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X