Forecast devices not displaying correct data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecast devices not displaying correct data

The temp today and over the next fews day (as indicated in the attached data\weatherxml_com\weathercom.xml file) is/will be hovering in the -10 to -20 degrees Celcius.

mcsTemp, however, has populated my devices with totally different data. See image 1. (note that this has worked before - or at least given the appearance that it's working)

Image 2 shows the Forecast tab. Have tried pressing "Get Forecast Now" but it doesn't update the devices. (does that button work on XML file based forecasting?)

Image 3 shows the main tab.

Note: The weathercom.xml file is the one HS retrieved at 5:20 AM this morning that resulted in the device changes timestamped 5:22 AM. Files have been retrieved since but the forecast data has not changed.

What's going on?
    Attached Files

magically, the devices ended up getting populated at 11:20 AM this morning (possibly sooner, but not between 5:20 and my previous post). I set HS to retrieve XML file once an hour at 20 past the hour.

attached are the 7 weatherxml files I retrieved between 5:20 and 11:20 incl. in case there's a clue in there as to why mcsTemp isn't populating devices with the updates consistently.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice set of data to work with. I suspect that if you look at your forecast table that the forecast temps in the range 5 to 10 AM will all be the same and likely the 4 and 11 AM temps will each be different. Data is stored in the Forecast table using English units.

When I use your data, the forecast data itself is being transfered to the Database and the virtual devices updated as expected. In your screen shot most of the numbers are fractional and not proportional to a C/F coversion which means they are being written based upon some other source data or written by something other than the Forecast processing loop. I could not find any correlation with other data in the XML records.

The plugin updates the devices based upon changes in the database content. If the LastUpdate field of the xml file is the same as the last entry in the database then the data is ignored. A record is also ignored if the current temp field is not a number. When processing from a file then GetWeatherNow will execute the logic, but typically nothing will happen becasue the XML file has already been processed so it looks like no update of source data has occurred. If getting data from the XML site then the plugin enforces the 30 minute download criteria. The execution can be forced by deleting the last entry in the database's forecast table so the file will look like it has new data.

I'm not certain where to go from here. The special debug checbox pertains to Forecast processing and its output will show the download and reject/accept of records for processing. If the problem was stale data then a solution path could be developed, but in this case the data is wrong, but only sometimes wrong. I'm open to some ideas as to how to attack this.

Comment

Working...
      X