USB 1-wire DS9490R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB 1-wire DS9490R

Question Will this device work with MCS temp plug-in?
    if so will I need to install the USB device drivers first for the DS9490R or will the plug-in handle that?

I have a temp-08 currently working with mcs-temp but I am moving to a new computer with HS 2 and would like to save some space and use the USB 1-wire interface. I was able to pick one up for 25.00 and have tested it on a laptop with a ds18S20 temp sensor and seems to be working.
    HS2 Environment
    Zotac 1.83 GHz Quadcore
    HomeSeer Way2Call
    Netiom-Xap board
    opnode 1-wire 1.2.7
    Plug-In's
    WeatherXML 1.0.0.32
    Pwr Link USB 1.0.0.13
    mcsTemp V6.2.0.14
    mcsXap V3.0.0.0/3.0.0.20
    IM Connector 4.87.2.5
    Sip Connector 2.56.2.4
    RFXCOM 15.0.0.22
    Odroid X2
    Asterisk 11.5.1
    FreePBX 2.11.0.42
    WebMin 1.720
    Xap Switchboard by Mi4

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

It will work. mcsTemperature retrieves what it needs, except in the case of the XP users that have not yet put in the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine. If you have not got MS JVM it then you will find a link in the discussion at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=110729. Note that the Sun JVM will not work.

Comment

Thanks Mr. M

I found that out when I tested on the Laptop needed Java JVM
      I will giv it a shot and see how it goes.

O and Thanks for A Great Plug-In !
      HS2 Environment
      Zotac 1.83 GHz Quadcore
      HomeSeer Way2Call
      Netiom-Xap board
      opnode 1-wire 1.2.7
      Plug-In's
      WeatherXML 1.0.0.32
      Pwr Link USB 1.0.0.13
      mcsTemp V6.2.0.14
      mcsXap V3.0.0.0/3.0.0.20
      IM Connector 4.87.2.5
      Sip Connector 2.56.2.4
      RFXCOM 15.0.0.22
      Odroid X2
      Asterisk 11.5.1
      FreePBX 2.11.0.42
      WebMin 1.720
      Xap Switchboard by Mi4

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Ok, so I've installed my new DS9490R, downloaded and installed the Dallas drivers, installed the MS JavaVM and am still getting this error in my HS log:
        9/11/2007 10:30:11 PM mcsTemperature InitINIVariables sensorType=0, index=0 on line 7740 ActiveX component can't createobject
        I have not installed the Sun Java SDK as required by the OneWireViewer app. Do I need to install that too?

Thanks for any assistance!
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Seems like it's working now. The Beta driver that mcsTemp downloads had some problems installing... Now I just need to figure out what sensor is what.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

I have had the same error and despite ensuring the MS JVM is installed (not Sun) still couldn't get the message to go away.

what made it work for you?

Comment

The actual line that is generating the error is

Set access = CreateObject("owapi.OneWireAccessProvider")

It is an ActiveX control so needs to be in the registry

Mine is installed at D:\WINNT\System32\owapi.dll which is the system folder under W2K. A search for owapi.OneWireAccessProvider in the registry will determine if the install of the drivers was successful at registering it.

Comment

Thank you - the issue was mine. I installed version 4.01 whereas the latest which supports the old MS VM is 4.00. Now i run that, things seem OK.

I will post a short separate note with the addresses where I finally found the appropriate java (two) updates and the one wire drivers.

Is it a big job to update your software to use the .net drivers and .net?

Simon

PS Happy New Year!

Comment

I was not aware that the latest drivers from DallasSemi would not work.

The conversion to the .NET DallasSemi drivers should not be a big deal, it is all the other stuff. mcsTemperature is a rather large plugin so lots of things to do. I did try to convert the project a day or two ago, but I ran into very slow response time (e.g. 15 seconds per line) in the Visual Studio editor. I posted a question on how to reduce it to something workable.

Comment

Thank you for trying. I guess it will get to be pretty important when the use of Vista as a hosting OS rises as installing the old VM will presumably either not work or do so in a very limited way.

Good luck with it - I hope the someone can assist on the VS response time problem. Not an area of expertise for me (yet) but if I come across any insights I'll pass them on.

Simon

Comment

Vista support

I'm in the process of migrating HS2 across to Vista and am having a few issues getting my 9490 to work with mcsTemperature.

Has anybody got this working yet? If so could you please let me know what version of drivers/MS JVM etc. you have been using?

Thanks
                      Nicolai L

Comment

My guess is that Vista willnot support the MS JVM that came with early versions of XP. My expectation was to migrte to a .nET base that does not need JVM, but when I tried to convert each edit stroke in VS 2005 was on the nature of 15 seconds so it bemame impractical to even try. My next approach will be a .net wrapper arond the .net drivers, but no time forecast for this. For the 1-wire interface now I suggest the free plugin done by Matt that uses the .net drivers. You can still use other features of mcsTemperature, but will need to use the newly assigned device codes.

Comment

OK - I'll try Matt's plug-in.

When you are ready I'll be happy to work with you on beta testing your future solution.

Thanks
                          Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                          X