MCS stops recording data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS stops recording data

I am running Homeseer V1.7.44 and MCS temperature 4.42.0.

MCS periodically stops recording data to the database. I have enabled the debugs, but don't see anything change from before to after the problem. How can I troubleshoot this problem?

Once it stops recording data, I need to restart Homeseer to get it started again.

I had started a thread before and thought the Temp 08 was the problem, but that is no longer the situation.

Thanks,
    Gardner

Pete was also having this type of problem and I added debug code to provide further insight. I suspect the problem did not repeat in the last week or so. In his case the data appeared in the IO window, but the devices and database were not being updated. I suggest using the currently posted version on the message board at the top of the subforum and running with debug. It may of may not be related to what Pete saw, but we need to work with the current version to continue to isolate.

Comment

Michael,
      I will update and continue to monitor. When the problem occurs I see all the inputs in the log, but nothing seems to get to the data base.

Gardner

Comment

What specifically are you seeing when you indicate that you can see inputs in the log?

Comment

Michael,
          I should have explained this was when debug was running and the database wasn't recording data. Here is a short snippit of the log data from the previous version during the problem. I have loaded the latest MCS_Temperature and will gather data and hopefully have the transition from working to failing. I have that in the old log, but I couldn't find any differences. Perhaps a fresh start will be more revealing.

Gardner.
          Attached Files

Comment

The error is not the one I was chasing with Pete. It has to do direclty with the writing to the database. The following was the last data being written. There is a field called Fix_15 which looks suspect.

I also would guess that you have some discrete's defined on Analog tabs (e.g. BoulerON) rather than Discrete tabs. While the data will be stored it will be inefficient and may not generate charts as well.

Take a look at the field names and if you are able look directly at the table in the database and confirm the names are all there. I will post an update that targets the actual error message, but I suspect the message will be no more than complaing about the statement that is the command to store data to the database.

Code:
            SampleDate,	#2006-02-05 9:30:29 PM# AS QT,
            MBR,	10400 AS Q0,
            Studio,	9600 AS Q1,
            StudioCall,	100 AS Q2,
            BrGarCall,	100 AS Q3,
            BoulerON,	0 AS Q4,
            BoilerOn,	100 AS Q5,
            MbrGarOn,	300 AS Q6,
            StudioOn,	500 AS Q7,
            SecFlrCall,	0 AS Q8,
            SecondFloorRet,	9000 AS Q9,
            FirstFloorRet,	11400 AS Q10,
            BasementRet,	9200 AS Q11,
            SecFlrOn,	700 AS Q12,
            AC_Temp,	6800 AS Q13,
            AC_Set_Point,	7400 AS Q14,
            AC_On,	0 AS Q15,
            RunTimeCurrent,	0 AS Q16,
            Dark_Room,	7810 AS Q17,
            Vent,	7900 AS Q18,
            Basement,	7280 AS Q19,
            CentralAirFan,	0 AS Q20,
            Attic,	4710 AS Q21,
            s810000004CD12126V,	106 AS Q22,
            Temp08,	7800 AS Q24,
            s0C000800DBE5F210,	15440 AS Q25,
            s9F000800DBE67310,	7680 AS Q26,
            s2A000800DBFE8410,	7930 AS Q27,
            s3D000800DC508410,	7970 AS Q28,
            sBA000800DC29D510,	7920 AS Q29,
            Fix_15,	1600 AS Q30,
            BurnerOn,	0 AS Q31,
            Cost,	16031 AS Q32,
            s810000004CD12126A	50500 AS Q33

Comment

Michael,
              Yes, I do have some descretes as analog. I will change that. The FIX 15 is a static value I use to control the graph position of one of the descrete/analog inputs that otherwise covered one of the other values.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the Forcast Data keeps on being recorded, it is just the sensor data that is missing. When I restart, everything rocords and shows up in the graph, for various lengths of time. A restart of Homeseer is required to restore recording.

Naturally, you discovered why I didn't make it very far in the 'spelling bee' competition. (BoulerON)

Gardner

Comment

Michael,
                I replaced some of the analog inputs with discrete inputs. Now what I see is the discrete inputs stop updating, but the rest of the inputs haven't stopped. This has only been overnight so all I have is a log of the discrete inputs stopping. In the attached log the discrete inputs stop at about 9:10 PM. I had to reboot the router (I was not at home) to get it started again.

Gardner
                Attached Files

Comment

A totally different logic path occurs with discrete recording. It starts with an event callback from HS telling the plugin that a status change occurred and the data is written at that time to the database. If no status changes occur there will be no data written. This is unlike the analog data where it is written periodically.

In this update I put debug logic in the discrete data collection path. The log will not contain entries for every device that changes state and we will see if HS stops delivering status updates or the plugin stops processing them. V4.46.2

Comment

Michael,
                    The discrete data collection keeps stopping. I know the status is changing in Homeseer, but can't tell from the trace what is wrong. I restart Homeseer and the discrete data is updated for a while, then stops again. I have a trace, the data stopped about 3:55. The remaining analog inputs continued to log properly.
                    One specific device is +8, BurnerON. I do see updates in the trace from Homeseer, but they aren't gertting into MCSTemp database.

Gardner
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by gcyeaw; February 15, 2006, 08:54 PM.

Comment

There are six paths for which discretes are logged.

TemperatureAction
                      Setio relay controlled by mcsTemperature
                      StoreDiscrete external script
                      Temp05 DS2405/06, Rly08
                      DS9097U DS2405/06/08
                      HS Status Change

I added debug code in V4.46.2 for the HS Status Change path and did not see any of those debug outputs. It looks like the BurnerOn discrete is coming from the ocelot so I would have expected the HS status change path to have been executed. Are you certain you are running this version? Are you doing anything such as calling StoreDiscrete via script?

Comment

Michael,
                        Please accept apologies, I must have been sleepy, I had 46.0 rather than 46.2 installed. I have updated and will collect new debugs...Sorry.

Gardner

Comment

Michael,
                          I reinstalled 46.2, but in the lower right it still says 46.0. The file properties show 4.46.0.2, so I assume this is the right file?

Gardner

Comment

I just recompiled and reposted as 4.46.3. Should be the same, but just in case I messed up at my end.

Comment

Michael,
                              Thanks.
                              I loaded the new one this evening. It shows as 4.46.0.3 in the properties display so I know I have the latest. I started debuging and will update when I have results.

One thing that I did notice is that the discrete values still don't display in the chosen color on the graph.

Gardner

Comment

Working...
                              X