MCS stops recording data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael,
    I have a new trace. Discrete entries stopped being logged to the database at 12:01:18. The values were burneron and boileron. The version from the properties display is 4.46.0.3.

Thanks, Gardner.
    Attached Files

Comment

In my prior post I showed 6 ways that the discrete could be recorded. Are you doing anything related to these burner devices to cause a recording to occur? I do not see any messages resulting from a HS device status change, yet we do see the Log Discrete. Does the version show on the mcsTemperature setup in the lowest row of the form as 4.46.3? I know the file is 4.46.0.3, but perhaps another copy is registered and it is actually running the other copy. This would also explain the lack of discrete color control.

Comment

Michael,
        I will check when I get home tonight.
        Gardner

I went through the install, unregister, register, and it now shows 4.46.3, I must have made a mistake unregistering and registering before. It looks good now, with colors and new debug entries. Back to data collection. Sorry for the waisted time.
        Gardner
        Last edited by gcyeaw; February 17, 2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Michael,
          Here is another trace, hopefully with the data you need. The discrete values stopped recording at 2:48 for Boileron and Burneron. The analog values continued to be recorded.

Thanks, Gardner
          Attached Files

Comment

A normal sequence is
            1. Callback from HS to HSEvent/CheckDevice in mcsTemperature
            2. LogDiscrete evaluation in mcsTemperature
            3. Log Discrete store to database in mcsTemperature
            4. Event Trigger HS Message to Log

When the failure occurs the sequence is
            1. Event Trigger HS Message to Log

which means that a HS is not delilvering a callback to mcsTemperature, hence the opportunity to record the status change never occurs

When looking back in the log for the last callback the following can be observed with the warning coming from HS.

2/18/2006 2:49:09 AM~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~Check Device Event \63=17,DictionaryExists=False
            2/18/2006 2:49:09 AM~!~Warning~!~In status change event callback, object removed, error number: 9 Subscript out of range Source: HomeSeer

Device \63 is not a discrete managed by mcsTemperature so the activity performed by mcsTemperature in CheckDeviceEvent is simply four lines where a lookup in the discrete dictionary confirms the device is not of interest and return back to HS.

To go any further HS needs to be involved which means a help desk ticket is needed. If you are running HS1 then I don't know if they accept tickets, but even if they do not make any code changes to HS1 they could at least provide some indication what this error really means and if anything can be done external to avoid it.

Comment

Michael,
              Thanks. I will see what can be done. The first thing is to remove any plugins I dont need or am not currently using. Since this doesn't seem to be something others are experiencing, I may be able to clear it up that way. I plan to move on to HS 2, but frrom what I have been reading I will need alot of time and patience to do it

Thanks again, Gardner.

Comment

HST looks at all help desk tickets pretty quickly and may be able to provide some feedback without investing much time. I could submit the ticket, but you are better able to describe your configuration.

Comment

Michael,
                  I removed a couple of plug-ins I wasn't using (mr26a, webcam,MCSmusic) and then unregistered ane re-registered the remaining plugins. The discrete events have been running ever since without failure. It has been less than 24 hours, but it hasn't run that long for a while.

I know that the webcam plugin would produce script error messages in the log ocasionally, so it was a prime candidate anyway.

Gardner

Comment

Working...
                  X