AAG and wind direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAG and wind direction

I have an AAG weather unit (wind speed,gust-wind direction and temperature). I have been able to get the Wind speed and Gust to work, but I can't get the direction to work. I followed the TEMP-08 instructions regarding the setting of bit 7 to insure the 2450 device displayed direction instead of voltage, but it always displays voltage rather than direction. If I choose the 'start continuous wind direction display', I get a constant direction of SSE. I don't know why the constant display shows direction, but the main display does not. The address also does not show up in MCS Temperature.
    Any sauggestions?

(I did read a thread that sugested that certain unspecified levels of the Temp-08 software had a bug in this area. I am running v1.13 2004-11-07. I ordered the latest, but that will take a while to get here.)

Gardner

Hi Garnder,

First, did you re-do a DIS display on TEMP08 after changing the bit to refresh the option setting?

Second, did you set the bit on or off? The bit needs to be zero to show the wind speed.

Lastly what do you get as an output when you do an "EEP FF" command?

Mitch
    http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Mitch,
      Originaly the output was FF FF 05. Since I kept getting voltage I tried several other settings, like FF85, FF95, which didn't help. I returned to FF05
      probably a half a dozen times and doing the DIS but it still showed voltage.

Today after reading your response I redtried it carefully following the procedure, returning to FF05 and doing the DIS. Now it is working.

I don't know what I was doing wrong last night, but thanks for responding. It's working fine now.

Gardner

Comment

Working...
      X