McsTemp v5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McsTemp v5

I can't seem to get the sensors into my database.

I'am running HS 2.1, mcstemp v5 and Temp08
    When i choose the i/o stream the 1-wire data montor window finds my sensors but don't insert it into the database can't even see any sensors in the HS log.
    Tried to send several INI to the temp08, it finds the sensors every time but don't insert them.

When I go to the web view of sensors it's empty.

Any ide?

The Sensor page is where the items are selected for database storage. A database field or table name needs to be entered and the device need to have a HS device code if it is not already present.

Comment

if a understand this right the sensors serial does show up automaticly in the sensor list ?

Comment

It is suppose to. It will also show up in the Analog tab on the GUI setup. The two should be equivalent.

Comment

It dosen't show up, i will try to delete all and reinstall mcstemp.

An other stange behavior is sometime when i start the "i/o stream" it will not show up in front of HS. It will hang hs and not show up until i force shutdown hs.
          I can't see it even with Alt + tab

Thanks,

Comment

That is a problem with forms and HS2 in general. The code is there to force front, but I find it generally has no effect with respect to HS2's window. HS2 also requires forms to be modal so when the form is selected nothing else can be processed. There is a General Debug that you can select so more data will go the HS log and help understand why your sensors are not being processed.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

It make sens, i will test the debug, before reinstall the mcstemp plug.

Comment

Strange no errors is presented in the log. I have deleted mcstemp and reinstalled but can't get any sensors into the sensor list.

Another strange behaviro, if I change any value in the webpage interface and then press "save change" it will not keep the new values. When i do the same thing on the setup form it will save any changes i make.

Comment

If you share your debug log then maybe I can see what is happening

Comment

In the log i can see the temperatures but it is not putting anything in the database.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I do not see the line terminations between each sensor reading. It likely just looks to mcsTemperature as a text string rather than a set of reading. A CrLf pair is expected as the line termination.

Comment

ok. Is there anything i can do to make it work. With my old installation i was using a temp05 and then everything worked ok. But now a have a temp08 version 2.04 2006-07-03

Comment

If you can determine what the line termination is with your version then I should be able to accomodate. I suspect that either the Cr or Lf was removed. You are the only person who has reported such behavior with the Temp08. Mitch would have a definitive answer if you are able to contact him. Lf only is common to support unix rather than windows OSs.

Comment

Michael/Jonas,

TEMP08 issues a CR LF pair with each line. I can't understand where that would stripped out.

An easy check is to look at TEMP08 with Hyperterm or some other terminal emulator and make sure that the CRLF is there, or not.

Jonas: thanks for highlighting this thread to me via email.

Mitch
                            http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

When looking at your log file again I see that the line is prefixed with what looks like some type of time stamp. Could it be that the Temp08 is configured in some type of debug mode?

SAT 22:56:00Reading Sensors...

Comment

Working...
                              X