Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to initialize interface...trial has expired

HS 2.1.102

Seems to be a known problem since many months...

Michael, please let me know how to evaluate your software
    I get this message when I try to install the plugin either fom this forum or from the updater.

By the way I use ADIOcelot, thanks for this excellent piece of software

TIA

Yves

In my last interchange with Rick on the subject...

[quote]
    So the easy way to handle it is to not even discuss it with the user - just send them to the helpdesk and explain that you have no control over the licensing system, which is the truth. By hitting a wall, they are very likely to open the ticket to ask for the trial key, which has to be done if they did use the trial code already (1.7) or enabled the plug-in (thus starting the trial, 2.0).
    [quote]

There have been so many that I'm surprised that there is not already an open ticket for it, but please do open one so the HST folks have a chance to fix the problem.

Comment

[QUOTE=Michael McSharry]In my last interchange with Rick on the subject...

[quote]
      So the easy way to handle it is to not even discuss it with the user - just send them to the helpdesk and explain that you have no control over the licensing system, which is the truth. By hitting a wall, they are very likely to open the ticket to ask for the trial key, which has to be done if they did use the trial code already (1.7) or enabled the plug-in (thus starting the trial, 2.0).

There have been so many that I'm surprised that there is not already an open ticket for it, but please do open one so the HST folks have a chance to fix the problem.
      Thanks

Frankly, I don't understand why it is the responsibility of a potential user to open a ticket for a well none technical problems...
      To evaluate this promising plugin, I was only supposed to follow the updater track
      Go figure

Yves

Comment

I agree, if I was to open the ticket I would have no way to evaluate if the problem is fixed or not since my copy of mcsTemperature has already been licensed.

Comment

Michael,

Nick from Homeseer Technologies sent me a 30 days trial licence on Sunday afternoon...

Anyhow, the Hobby Board weather station (aag) is now connected.
          I will study your very professional documentation before asking stupid questions.

Well... two quick ones

1) For the moment, only wind instrument is connected, I get 11 devices
          - 4 Voltages (wind direction)
          - 1 wind direction
          - 1 wind speed
          - 1 wind gust
          - 1 temperature

- 1 switch
          - 1 water flow rate
          - 1 waterflow

I have no water instruments connected; should I care?
          or just hide these 3 devices?

2) The wind vane indication seems to reverse East and West
          Is there a setting to reverse the displayed info
          A western wind is a wind _coming_ from West - right??

Thanks for your assistance
          yves

Comment

Yes there should be a setting for wind direction rotation as well as offset.

The wind direction is implemented with a DS2450 which has 4 voltage measurements. You will likely hide the voltages since they are only used to compute the direction.

The wind speed is implemented with a DS2423 which is a dual counter. The second of the counters is assumed to be connected to a water meter. In your case it is not so hide them.

The temperature is implemented with a DS18S20. mcsTemperature allows a temperture threshold to be set so a binary (switch) above/below threshold status can be monitored. You will likely not use this. You will also eventually not want to use the temperature measurement either since it is affected by exposure to sunlight and is not very accurate unless you are measuring something related to sun exposure.

Comment

Thanks Michael

The thread title is no more relevant, I will start a new thread for futur questions

yves

Comment

Originally posted by kas300
                Thanks Michael

The thread title is no more relevant, I will start a new thread for futur questions

yves
                Don't forget to post a link to the new thread in this thread.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
                HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
                BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
                BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro

Comment

Working...
                X