Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the path for the database:

Data\mcsTemperature\mcsTemperature.mdb

I can see that MCSTempetature is opening the database because it is showing the .lnb file in the that directory after Homeseer starts.

Is it passable to get this error if the following is not in the right place?

Code:

220 ClientChartOverallWidth = Split(Replace(hs.GetIniSetting(TemperatureGroup, "ClientChartOverallWidth", "600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500", TemperatureIniFile), q, ""), ",") 230 ClientChartWidth = Split(Replace(hs.GetIniSetting(TemperatureGroup, "ClientChartWidth", "520, 620, 720, 820, 920, 1020, 1120, 1220, 1320, 1420", TemperatureIniFile), q, ""), ",") 240 ClientChartOverallHeightUnAltered = Split(Replace(hs.GetIniSetting(TemperatureGroup, "ClientChartOverallHeight", "300, 370, 440, 510, 580, 650, 720, 790, 860, 930", TemperatureIniFile), q, ""), ",") 260 ClientChartHeight = Split(Replace(hs.GetIniSetting(TemperatureGroup, "ClientChartHeight", "210, 280, 350, 420, 490, 560, 630, 700, 770, 840", TemperatureIniFile), q, ""), ",")
    Thanks

Thom

Comment

Not likely related. Do you have any debug log output that covers about 2 minutes including the time you try to draw a chart?

Comment

When I try to draw a chart I get this error

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>11/30/2006 8:29:06 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>FormatTemperatureScreen on line 2120 Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'ID='.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>11/30/2006 8:29:09 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>FormatTemperatureScreen on line 2120 Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'ID='.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Is this any help.

Thom

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
        Not likely related. Do you have any debug log output that covers about 2 minutes including the time you try to draw a chart?

Comment

This is the error that tells me you have no data in the database. What I want to see is the log output when you have the general debug checkbox checked on the Interface page. It will show what is happening when data is attempted to be written to the database. Your update interval was set to 1 minute so if you collect 2 minutes of data it will cover at least one update cycle. After you get this working you will likely want to change the update interval so the database does not get too large too fast.

Comment

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>12/1/2006 8:34:26 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Log Temperature Sensor Count=3, INSERT INTO Temperature(Date,OSTemp,Pondtemp,PoolTemp) SELECT #2006-12-01 8:34:26 AM# AS QT,6800 AS Q0,5495 AS Q1,5450 AS Q2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>12/1/2006 8:34:26 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Log Temperature SQL Error Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. on line 840 Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>12/1/2006 8:34:26 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Change Field because , error number=0, Fields=OSTemp,4,Pondtemp,4,PoolTemp,4</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>12/1/2006 8:34:26 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Log Temperature Retry SQL Error Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. on line 900 Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>12/1/2006 8:34:26 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>EvaluateDeviceAction DeviceActionCollection.Count=0, MonitoredEventCount=0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here you go

Thanks

Thom

Comment

It looks as if you selected "Date" to be the field name for the database, but "Date" is a reserved word. Try a different name. Again you should delete the database so this is properly defined at time of creation. In retrospect, I should not have made this a user-customizable option since there really is no reason that the mainstream user needs to play with the name of this field. What makes one person happy has caused more than one some grief.

Comment

Ok it looks like I am getting the data to save. But the graph is so small. I did not understand what to do with the code below. I did set up the 600 like you said.

Any ideas

Thanks

Thom

Comment

It is setup for a default 640 x 480 display. mcsTemperature allows the user to define up to 4 different screen sizes based upon the client IP. If you have a larger screen then make it the default. The list of entries should have been displayed by default on the page, but when I saw your ini they were all set blank. There is nothing magical about these values. A chart consists of an inner rectangle and outer rectangle. The area between the inner and outer is for labels and legend. You can make these whatever size you would like the chart to be.

Comment

Can you post a screen shot of the default setup

Thanks

Thom

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
                    It is setup for a default 640 x 480 display. mcsTemperature allows the user to define up to 4 different screen sizes based upon the client IP. If you have a larger screen then make it the default. The list of entries should have been displayed by default on the page, but when I saw your ini they were all set blank. There is nothing magical about these values. A chart consists of an inner rectangle and outer rectangle. The area between the inner and outer is for labels and legend. You can make these whatever size you would like the chart to be.

Comment

I see that the defaults only showed on the Window Form rather than the browser. I fixed that in V5.2.9.

You can upgrade to this version and delete the four keys posted above from the mcsTemperature.ini file before starting Homeseer or manually enter the data shown in the screenshot. In the Client Screen Size section just above the Screen and Chart Dimensions should have "Default" selected as the IP of the first line. It will appear automatically in V5.2.9.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X