Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem displaying locations with a " ' " in the name

Guys

Not sure if this is a ChartDirector or MCS Temp problem..... but if a location name has a " ' " in the title, it is omitted when charting.

The device apprears ok in mcs xap and likewise in the HS status... it appears in the table in MCS temp, but refuses to chart.... so I guess its chart....

Any ideas to resolve?

I am running Chartdirector v4, mcstemp 4.47.0.10, mcsxap 1.3.0.124

Thanks guys

DJ
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Special characters are problematic in certain situations. Sometimes it presents problems to browsers, sometimes to databases depending upon the context. The general solution is to avoid using names that tend to cause problems. If you want me to look at your specific case you can email your database and indicate what database name and location name you are using for the device.

Comment

Special characters are problematic in certain situations. Sometimes it presents problems to browsers, sometimes to databases depending upon the context. The general solution is to avoid using names that tend to cause problems. If you want me to look at your specific case you can email your database and indicate what database name and location name you are using for the device.
      Michael,

I am trying to get the data from my ACRF plugin/RFXCom sensors and ACRF plugin has allocated the " ' " house code...I will see what I can do about it...

Thanks

Comment

With V5.2.7 I was able to use the single quote in the DC field of the Sensor page and it also was working in the Group page. Logic had already existed to deal with the single quote and smart quote, but it was not applied to the Sensor page until V5.2.7.

Comment

Downloaded the update and it seems much better...will do some more setup and testing now..thanks

Comment

Working...
          X