Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I posted an update for the line 1330 error you received.

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    ok...did a 5.6.5 upgrade...

Changed it back to non-sql and it all works...

Changed it back to SQL and entered new DB names... and I get...

17/06/2007 16:29:06 - mcsTemperature - ExpandForecastTable:ALTER TABLE Forecast DROP COLUMN V_Temp on line 1330 Object variable or With block variable not set

Funny thing is... I cannot find *any* database in SQL other than HomeSeerDB! (and system databases of course)

Any SQL experts care to help?!?

I am running SQL 2K5 Express and its on the same box as HS...

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The latest update is at the top of this subforum and not in the updater. Just unzip it to replace your existing file of the same name.

mcsTemperature is the name of the database which will be at a higher level in the structure than the tblTemperature. Theh container where tblTemperature is located is probably your mcsTemperture SQL database.

I also am not a SQL Server expert. I really like the speed vs Access for chart generation, but the UI is not as convenient as Access. I've also found backup to be awkward and dont know if I could restore if I had to.

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Thanks Michael

I am running HS 2.2.0.27 and the updater is not functioning, so will update mcsTemp when it gets fixed.

I am using sql2k5 express, and for the life of me (no sql expert here...) I cannot find the tables that it claims to have created!

I assumed that speedy\databases\HomeseerDB\tables would have shown me an mcsTemperature table... but alas no.... ther eis a dbo.tblTemperature but thats it... no mcstemperature.

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Put them in the same database. It will be easier for you to organize. The separation is just a legacy from V1 of mcsSprinklers where two applications were merged and I needed a smooth transition for existing users of each.

Give V5.6.5 a try. I'm not certain if this code gets executed again or not. It may require a manual edit with Enterprise manager to get the MIN and MAX fields properly defined.

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Michael.... top man!

I am sorted now - nearly - one error below....

16/06/2007 23:02:03 - mcsTemperature - ExpandForecastTable:ALTER Forecast DROP COLUMN vWindS on line 1220 Incorrect syntax near 'Forecast'.

One question - what is the decision around if both forecast and sensor should have the same DB or separate? Anything to consider?

Thanks Again

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    You need to change your Temperature and Forecast database names. They will not have a path or a suffix (e.g. \Data\mcsTemperature.mdb). Something like mcsTemperature will work. If you only have one SQLServer then you can leave the source field blank

Leave a comment:

• Bestgear
    replied
    Michael...

I have the similar problem as the OP...

15/06/2007 23:32:10 - mcsTemperature - Temperature database Table mcsTemperature.mdb\Temperature does not exist on line 1540 Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
    15/06/2007 23:32:10 - mcsTemperature - Forecast database Table mcsTemperature.mdb\Forecast does not exist / Provider = sqloledb; Integrated Security=SSPI; Data Source =speedy; Initial Catalog= on line 1960 Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.

I have been using mcsTemp for ages (now running 5.6.0.3) with its default DB, and want to move to SQl.

I am using 2K5 express, and other apps inc HS are using it fine.

How and what do I need to change in mcsTemperature to make the switch to SQL?

The sensor and forecast database names are left as default.

I have entered the HOST name in the "use sql with server " box - is that all that is required (along with the tick box) or do I need to create a DB and tables in SQL?

Thanks yet again for your help.

DJ

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I gave it a try without any problems. The Homeseer log contains

11/29/2006 1:17:49 PM~!~mcsTemperature~!~Created Database(s) Temperature2 Forecast2
    11/29/2006 1:17:50 PM~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for normalize forecast data in Temperature2\tblTemperatureForecast
    11/29/2006 1:17:50 PM~!~mcsTemperature~!~Creating database table for Sensor tblA100000020128281S in Temperature2
    My annotated setup is attached. Recheck your setup vs. mine.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    I'm back from the Thankgiving holiday. After I clear out some other things I'll take a look to see if I can replicate your scenario

Leave a comment:

• c912039
    started a topic Problems with SQLServer mcsTemp Database

Problems with SQLServer mcsTemp Database

Ive been strugglin for weeks to try to solve a problem I have trying to use mcsTemp with SQLServer.

I have been able to create and use a SQLServer DB with UltraLog plugin, so I know that my SQLServer setup works.

On the Database page of mcsTemp v5.2.0.0, I enter mcsTemp as the database name (which currently doesnt exist on my SQLServer).
    I select "Use SQL wth Server" and enter the name of my SQLServer host.

When I click on Save, the following messages appear in the HS log:

21/11/2006 12:19:08 AM - mcsTemperature - Created Database(s) mcsTemp mcsTemperature
    21/11/2006 12:19:08 AM - mcsTemperature - CreateTemperatureTable: Error #-2147217900 on line 670 Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '-'.
    21/11/2006 12:19:08 AM - mcsTemperature - Creating database table for normalize forecast data in mcsTemp\tblTemperatureForecast
    21/11/2006 12:19:09 AM - mcsTemperature - Creating database table for forecast data in mcsTemperature\Forecast
    21/11/2006 12:19:09 AM - mcsTemperature - Expanding mcsTemperature\Forecast to support charting
    21/11/2006 12:19:09 AM - mcsTemperature - ExpandForecastTable:ALTER Forecast DROP COLUMN vWindS on line 1220 Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'Forecast'.
    21/11/2006 12:26:31 AM - mcsTemperature - CreateTemperatureTable: Error #-2147217900 on line 670 Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '-'.
    21/11/2006 12:26:31 AM - mcsTemperature - FormatTemperatureScreen on line 2120 Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '='.

I have checked on the SQLServer console, and a new DB, called mcsTemp has been created, but with only one user table, Forecast.

Does anyone have any ideas why this isnt working for me?

Regards

David
Working...
X