Temperature errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature errors

I've just had to re-install mcstemperature (and everything else) following a hard disk failure. Everything's working okay except I can't figure why some of my temperature sensors are not recording the correct temperatures.

The I/O Stream window shows:

>
    Restore #01[B0000800135B3710]
    22:48:54 | >
    Reading Sensors...
    Temp #01[B0000800135B3710]=36.56C
    Temp #02[C600080037F7F010]=08.37C
    Temp #03[7E00080013514210]=09.06C
    Temp #04[B9000800382FF710]=15.43C
    >

Yet the HS devices show

i.e. only r3 is recording the correct temp.

Any ideas why?

Malcolm
    Malcolm

While the Temp05 is delivering in C, mcsTemperature does not look for the suffix and uses whatever the user sets up as the input units. On the interface tab/page there is a setting for the input units expected

Comment

But i've both input and output selected as C

Malcolm

Comment

I looked at the source code and I am actually looking at the last character returned from the Temp05 to know the source units of measure. There is different logic for V4 vs V5 of the Temp05 firmware. Which one are you running? I do not see anything wrong with the logic so I will put some debug output to helf find the problem.

Comment

i'm running

TEMP05 v5.00 2002-12-13
          Malcolm

Comment

Give the attached a try. Debug to the log shows the raw data input conversions to the point of going to hs devices.
            Attached Files

Comment

here's the resultant log...
              Attached Files
              Malcolm

Comment

A log segment shows the following for R4 which is what I expect where is sees the 15.25 as Centigrade and leaves it at that value before it writes to the HS device.

05/12/2006 22:45:55~!~mcsTemperature~!~Sensor 04, isC=True, UseMetricTemp=True, RawValue=15.25C
                05/12/2006 22:45:55~!~mcsTemperature~!~Converted Value=15.25
                05/12/2006 22:45:55~!~mcsTemperature~!~Calibrated Value=15.25
                I then see where is looks at what is stored in R4 of HS and it shows that 15.25C is already stored there which is not what I see for your R4 screenshot above.

I do not know where the next step is. I cannot see your LastUpdate time in the screen shot, but my guess is that it is not changing with new sensor readings. There is something else going on besides unexpected data such as it may be changing after mcsTemperautre writes to it or the R1..R4 devices are not be treated correctly someplace.

I also see many Comm Status = 5 events being generated. I think 5=Ring status, but you can look in the mcsTemperature manual to confirm. This is a discrete input that I would suggest setting inactive if you are able so it does not waste all the cpu cycles with event constantly being serviced.

Comment

for the moment i've gone back to the previous version before my hard drive failed - v4.20.1 i think. I'm going to concentrate on getting HS up to v2 so I'll come back this later...

Thanks for your help

Malcolm
                  Malcolm

Comment

Re the Comm Status = 5 events (which are Change in Carrier Detect line. not Ring Status). Where should I start in trying to find where these are coming from? Is this a Temp05 problem?

Malcolm
                    Malcolm

Comment

I looked at the Temp05 schematic and it looks as if the DTR and DCD are tied together which means that whatever is being output by the PC on DTR should be feedback to the PC on DCD. This means your RS232 cable must include these discrete wires vs. a cable that has only Tx, Rx, and Gnd. You can confirm that your cable provides the connection by using a continuity tester between pins 1 (DCD) and pin 4 (DTR).

Comment

Working...
                      X