Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting forecast/weather data is very sporatic

Looking at the trend graphs I see that the forecast/weather data as set up
    by the forecast menu is very sporatic,...sometimes I don't see new data for hours
    see attached graph.

I have the forecast set to collect every 15minutes with 10 retries

I have other data being collected by VWS pluggin and that data collects and plots
    fine

I have this problem on 2 different locations both with high speed DSL; have just
    upgraded to HS2 but the problem is still the same. The 2 locations do not even show the same data (although they run the exact same code with same forecast parameters). most likely because of the data stream being
    sporatic.

Also the log files do not show anyting abnormal even with the debug flags "ON"

I had the same problems 2 years ago playing with HS and gave up running HS until recently.

As a side note do I need to buy the MSCTemp pluggin again and if not how would I go about using my original license key (formats don't look the same at all)?
    Attached Files

i think: the forecast database set new record only data change

Comment

temperatures are changing while this is going on (i.e sporatic database/tresnd updates)...

this below is some of the log I get..note that HS reports Temp=28, last modified at 10:25am although the last reading of Temp was 30F which is the correct Temp

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>12/19/2006 10:18:49 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>GetWeather Last Update 2006-12-18 5:55:00 PM, Temp=43, AddRecord=False</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
      <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>12/19/2006 10:24:59 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>GetWeather Last Update 2006-12-19 6:55:00 AM, Temp=28, AddRecord=True</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>12/19/2006 10:29:05 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>GetWeather Last Update 2006-12-19 8:55:00 AM, Temp=30, AddRecord=False</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left></TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3></TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Forecast data from MSNBC and Weather.com updates hourly and often the MSNBC data will be several hours between updates. No matter how often it is downloaded you will not see it change any faster than once per hour.

The HS1 license will allow you to get a HS2 license at no cost. All licensing is handled by HST so you will need to submit a help desk ticket.

Comment

Working...
        X