Heating Controls that do not stop running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heating Controls that do not stop running

In creating a Heating Control there seems to be three options in the "and Continue until" field, ie

Only when Event is Triggered
    For One On/Off or Off/On Cycle
    Until Device is Manually Turned On or Off

As I control the trigger point via scripts I don't really want the controls to turn off , ever (If I do I will do so by disabling the event, but that's another story). As I sometimes get a bit of noise I sometimses find that the Control goes inactive as the corresponding Device has been turned on or off (inadvertently).

Is there a way of specifying Controls so the do not switch off?

Thanks
    Nicolai L

No direct option to remain on unconditionally, but you should be able to achieve the desired result by controlling a virtual rather than a real device and then use another HS event that triggers on the virtual device change to change the real device. That way your noise that is affecting the real device will not be seen by mcsTemperature.

Comment

Good point, that would get round it, albeit in a little bit a roundabout way.

Would it be possible to put in a feature request for a future version whereby there is a fourth option to leave the control running unconditionally?

Thanks
      Nicolai L

Comment

NicolaiL,
        I added "Forever" to temperature action in V5.2.16. I will leave the testing to you.

Comment

Michael

Much appreciated. I will do the testing over the Christmas break and report back.

Thanks
          Nicolai L

Comment

Works well!

Michael

Happy to report that I've been successfully using the "Forever" feature for a few weeks now.

Many thanks for implementing it!
            Nicolai L

Comment

Thank you for checking and letting us know.

Comment

Working...
              X