Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the temp in a device shown as a value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the temp in a device shown as a value?

I'm trying to set up some conditional events, based on time, occupancy, and, of course, temperature. I've got the most current plugin, and I'm using a Temp08 1 wire network. I attached a screen shot of the conditional events that aren't working...someone suggested that I should confirm that the temperature shown by the plugin is a value.

any ideas?
    Attached Files
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

You can test this fairly easily but setting up a test event and selecting a script to run but just use the scriptlet &msgbox(hs.deviceValue("A1")) If you see a value then it is being stored as a value otherwise it's probably a device string. ###Substitute your device string for A1
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

It stores the integer portion in the DeviceValue and a formatted reading in the DeviceString.

Comment

If you choose action type "temperature action" in an event you are able to select the temperature device to measure and to set the low and high temperatures and to select the output device to on or off

Jan

Comment

jqvam - that did the trick, thanks very much!

I'd like to make a virtual device that keeps track of how many dampers are open. I don't know how to do it, but I'd like it to be something that can be used for other events, like "when y99 = 5, take action....."

Is it possible to do that without a script?
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

You can create virtual devices A1..Z99 from the HS UI. You can have mcsTemperature create plugin devices such as the thermostat device and then use if for whatever you want such as the damper counter.

You can have events that trigger with the resultant action to be execution of a one-liner such as the following to increment the count that is stored in A1.

&hs.SetDeviceValue "A1",hs.DeviceValue("A1")+1

Comment

Working...
            X