DS1820 or DS18S20 with homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS1820 or DS18S20 with homeseer

I have homevision pro with digital temp sensors (DS18S20 ,DS1820).
    The loging in homevision XL works fine.
    We want to use homeseer as well. Is it possible to read the sensors in homeseer?

Thanks,

Renaat

I do not know if a mechanism exists to exchange information between Homevision and Homeseer.

Your question may be the possibility of connecting the same sensor to two interface adapters where Homevision and Homeseer each has an interface. I never tried it, but if it works at all it will eventually fail unless some way exists to assure each application will access it at different times.

If you want Homeseer and Homevision to share the same interface adapter then this may be possible, but mcsTemperature expects exclusive use of DS9097U/DS9490 adapters. There is also a HS2-only 1-wire plugin and it may allow sharing of an adapter. There are also different interfaces supported such as the HA7 and there is a Homeseer plugin for it, but again I do not know about exclusivity.

Comment

Ds9490r

Is the DS9490R a good interface for homeseer en the mcs temperature plug in?
      The I can use al the temp in homeseer and open and closes relais in homevision.

Thanks,

Renaat

Comment

Yes the DS9490 is a good interface. You can use multiple interfaces with any combination of DS9490 and DS9097U as long as you do not try to connect two of these to the same sensor

Comment

Working...
        X