Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counter Calibration

Hello,

I am counting pulses from my KWH meter via a 1 wire counter from Hobby Boards and from there into Temp08. I can see the counts ok via mcsTemp and all looks fine except that MCStemp insists on treating the power as water flow and it also created a device call water flow rate. How do I rename this value?? Also in MCStemp there a counter calibration feature, what is the purpose of this??

Regards

LiamK

You should be able to change the device type from water flow to watt on the Sensor page. The rate device should be able to be removed by clearing the device code and name/location fields on the Sensor page.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, everything sorted except for the counter calibration, what is the role of this feature?
      Regards

Liamk

Comment

If you have a water meter than counts 0.1 gallon per count rather than 1.0 gallon then you would calibrate by using a scale factor of 10. Similiar for other types of things that are counted.

Comment

A few questions regrading the calibration.

My meter is 0.1 gallon per count, Can I see that tenth .1 reported anywhere?
          1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 etc as it happens.

Also what is water flow "rate" calibration mine is set to 0.4 right now.

I noticed that for the rate to return to 0 gallons per hour it takes a couple minutes. Is there a way to report a smaller sample of time average. Such as average over 10 seconds, average over 30 seconds, average over 1 min, etc.

What I'm really looking for is a boolean that is True when the water is running, and false very shortly after I've turned it off. I think I could work it out if my gallons were reported in tenths...
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

The water flow rate calibration in the setup can be set to make it more responsive. The rate algorithm that uses the user-entered Weight is:

ReportedRate = PriorReportedRate * (1 - Weight) + InstantaneousRate * Weight

If you make the Weight calibration = 1 then you will only have the rate as determined by the last 2 samples. For water flow where you are looking for OFF this should be fine.

I aslo update the plugin to add precision to the data if the scaling is greater than 1. V5.6.4 posted.

Comment

Thanks, this worked great!
              Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
              X