Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with duplicate entry?

whenever HS loads up I see the following error:

"Sensor 7E000000A8D51C26 is reported as DS2438 ? but known by mcsTemperature as a Temperature sensor"

I have also noticed the following in the sensors screen:

<TABLE width=600 border=5 frame=box><TBODY><TR><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left>2098</TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left>04:04</TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left>7E000000A8D51C26</TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><INPUT size=25 value="Temperature Temperature 7E000000A8D51C26" name=SensorName6><INPUT type=checkbox value=1 name=Resolution6></TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><SELECT class=formdropdown size=1 name=SensorType6><OPTION value="Delete Sensor">Delete Sensor</OPTION><OPTION selected>Temperature</OPTION><OPTION value="Wind Direction">Wind Direction</OPTION><OPTION value="Wind Speed">Wind Speed</OPTION><OPTION value="Wind Gust">Wind Gust</OPTION><OPTION value="Rain Today">Rain Today</OPTION><OPTION value="Rain Rate">Rain Rate</OPTION><OPTION value=Humidity>Humidity</OPTION><OPTION value=Reserved>Reserved</OPTION><OPTION value=Barometer>Barometer</OPTION><OPTION value="Baro Trend">Baro Trend</OPTION><OPTION value=Sunlight>Sunlight</OPTION><OPTION value=Switch>Switch</OPTION><OPTION value=Relay>Relay</OPTION><OPTION value=Index>Index</OPTION><OPTION value=Distance>Distance</OPTION><OPTION value=""></OPTION><OPTION value=""></OPTION><OPTION value=""></OPTION><OPTION value=""></OPTION><OPTION value=Thermochron>Thermochron</OPTION><OPTION value=Voltage>Voltage</OPTION><OPTION value=Reserved>Reserved</OPTION><OPTION value=Thermostat>Thermostat</OPTION><OPTION value=Moisture>Moisture</OPTION><OPTION value=Minutes>Minutes</OPTION><OPTION value=Status>Status</OPTION><OPTION value="Rain Month">Rain Month</OPTION><OPTION value="Dew Point">Dew Point</OPTION><OPTION value=Text>Text</OPTION><OPTION value="Water Flow">Water Flow</OPTION><OPTION value="Water Flow Rate">Water Flow Rate</OPTION><OPTION value="Wattage Today">Wattage Today</OPTION><OPTION value="Wattage Rate">Wattage Rate</OPTION><OPTION value="Lightning Today">Lightning Today</OPTION><OPTION value="Lightning Rate">Lightning Rate</OPTION></SELECT> </TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><INPUT size=4 name=Bias6></TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><INPUT size=4 name=Avg6></TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><INPUT size=2 value=)4 name=DeviceID6></TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><INPUT size=15 value=s7E000000A8D51C26 name=Database6></TD></TR><TR><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left></TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left>04:01</TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left>7E000000A8D51C26H</TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><INPUT size=25 value="Temperature Master Bathroom Humidity" name=SensorName7> </TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><SELECT class=formdropdown size=1 name=SensorType7><OPTION value="Delete Sensor">Delete Sensor</OPTION><OPTION value=Temperature>Temperature</OPTION><OPTION value="Wind Direction">Wind Direction</OPTION><OPTION value="Wind Speed">Wind Speed</OPTION><OPTION value="Wind Gust">Wind Gust</OPTION><OPTION value="Rain Today">Rain Today</OPTION><OPTION value="Rain Rate">Rain Rate</OPTION><OPTION selected>Humidity</OPTION><OPTION value=Reserved>Reserved</OPTION><OPTION value=Barometer>Barometer</OPTION><OPTION value="Baro Trend">Baro Trend</OPTION><OPTION value=Sunlight>Sunlight</OPTION><OPTION value=Switch>Switch</OPTION><OPTION value=Relay>Relay</OPTION><OPTION value=Index>Index</OPTION><OPTION value=Distance>Distance</OPTION><OPTION value=""></OPTION><OPTION value=""></OPTION><OPTION value=""></OPTION><OPTION value=""></OPTION><OPTION value=Thermochron>Thermochron</OPTION><OPTION value=Voltage>Voltage</OPTION><OPTION value=Reserved>Reserved</OPTION><OPTION value=Thermostat>Thermostat</OPTION><OPTION value=Moisture>Moisture</OPTION><OPTION value=Minutes>Minutes</OPTION><OPTION value=Status>Status</OPTION><OPTION value="Rain Month">Rain Month</OPTION><OPTION value="Dew Point">Dew Point</OPTION><OPTION value=Text>Text</OPTION><OPTION value="Water Flow">Water Flow</OPTION><OPTION value="Water Flow Rate">Water Flow Rate</OPTION><OPTION value="Wattage Today">Wattage Today</OPTION><OPTION value="Wattage Rate">Wattage Rate</OPTION><OPTION value="Lightning Today">Lightning Today</OPTION><OPTION value="Lightning Rate">Lightning Rate</OPTION></SELECT> </TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><INPUT size=4 name=Bias7></TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><INPUT size=4 name=Avg7></TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><INPUT size=2 value=)41 name=DeviceID7></TD><TD class=TABLEROWEVEN align=left><INPUT size=15 value=s7E000000A8D51C26H name=Database7></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It is a humidity sensor, but they both show up...this is only after I told the temp08 it is a humidity sensor. I also noticed that if I rename the one w/out the H the system reports the humidity as zero. If I change the dropdown to Humidity, will it help? I still have two devices show up, however, for same humidity sensor.

any ideas?
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

During startup mcsTemperature issues a DIS command to the Temp08. The Temp08 responds with its list of devices and how they are configured. The ? looks to be as if it either does not recognize a configuration or it does not see the deivce on 1-wire at the last time it polled for devices.

"Sensor 7E000000A8D51C26 is reported as DS2438 ? but known by mcsTemperature as a Temperature sensor"

The DS2438 provides both a Humidity and a Temperature reading. I do not understand why the naming of the Temperature device would affect the humidity reading. A value of ? from the Temp08 could easily be treated as a 0 Humidity.

If you look at the IO window after you rename )4 you should still see the humidity reported (as well as the temperature). By looking at it and the values stored in the HS device string we should be able to understand the relationship.

Comment

Working...
    X