Problems with AAG Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with AAG Sensors

Ok, I am trying to get my 1-wire net (DS9490R w/10 DS18S20) with mcstemp to "see" the aag stuff I bought. If i connect the tai8540D humidity sensor (which from what their website says also contains a temp sensor) mcs sensor list shows #11 as a temp sensor, which is good, but then it assigns #37 as a barometer, #39 as barometer trend and #67, #68, #69 as voltage. I've been at this all day and just about ready to throw all the AAG stuff outside in the snow. I have already reinstalled mcstemp twice to try and rid the sensor serial numbers out of the database, read thru the 78 some odd page manual twice. I know I am dense but geez, it was so easy to setup the DS18S20's

Help I know I am stupid, but be gentle
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

The DS2438 1-wire device is used for humidity sensors, sunlight sensors, barometers and other things. When mcsTemperature first sees a DS2438 it has no way to know what other hardware is behind the DS2438 to make it operate like a humidity sensor or a barometer. It does know that it has a temperture sensor and it knows it has 3 voltage measurements. It looks like when you installed the humidity device from AAG that mcsTemperature make a guess that it was a barometer. All you need to do is go the Sensor Page and change the Type from Barometer to Humidity.

If you do not want the voltage readings or the temperature readings then clear out the device code and location name on the Sensor Page for these readings.

Comment

Ok so do I leave it as code #37 or should I move it to one of the codes as listed on page 75. it shows 41-49 type 6. and then just clear out the values for code #39? or am I reading to much into the device chart
      Over The Hill
      What Hill?
      Where?
      When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

The device chart was used for compatibility with another Temp05 plugin that now no longer exists. mcsTemperature will use the value in the chart if it is available or another if it is not available. You can delete #37 if you wish or you can just let the Humidity device use it.

Comment

Thank You Michael,

sometimes it just takes a bit for things to click, too old, too many things going on... senior moments, oh well
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?

Comment

Michael, Again, thanks for your help, it looks like I have the humidity sensor working, tomorrow brings the anenometer and rain gauge.

I guess maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks

Jack
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?

Comment

Working...
            X