Any plans for a .net version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any plans for a .net version

Just curious, I seem to be having issues with MCSTemp and other com plugins with the release of HS 2.2, several times when I shutdown HS, the shutdown script hangs at the point where it is trying to shutdown MCSTemp and i have to kill it using task mgr, and then once hs is down I still get the dialog about coms still being active. This plugin is very important to my daily operations and i would sure like to eventually not have any com plugins

Thanks!
    Jack
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

I talked with Rich about the failure to shutdown and he indicated that he has seen the same thing with other .exe plugins. His solution was to put a timer within the plugin that is started when hs indicates that shutdown should be performed. I did this with mcsTemperature and used 15 seconds as the timeout. I dont recall exactly when I added this, but it was not in V4 of mcsTemperature. Verify you are running the current version posted at the top of this subforum. If the problem persists then some debug code may help isolate why.

I have no near term plans to make a .NET version. It is over 60,000 lines and I'm certain there are some things in there that would not be very easy to convert to pure .NET.

Comment

Michael,
      Thank you for reading what I wrote in the way i wanted to write it. I am in NO way pointing a finger at MCSTemp, just so happens it is the first com plugin that HS tries to shutdown. I use several "heavy hitter" com (if that is the correct term) I also use Iautomate RFID, ACRF, MLHSPlugin and RCS X10 they are all busy and timing critical. I understand the job it would be. I have seen this happen more on the lastest 2.2 than previous betas. I know Peter is close to a .net beta with the RFID plugin, that will help immensly and I think Jon is working on a .net beta for ACRF

More of an informative post

Thanks
      Jack

Oh, I am running 5.2.0.0
      Over The Hill
      What Hill?
      Where?
      When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

I would happily pay an upgrade fee for a .net version
        Phill

Comment

I second the upgrade idea, and would also be willing to pay.

Thom

Comment

I too would be willing to pay for a .net upgrade

Jack
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?

Comment

I'm in. I'd pay a 'reasonable' upgrade fee too.
              Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
              X