Upgrading mcsTemperature from 4.47.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading mcsTemperature from 4.47.10

We have Homeseer 2.2.0.11 installed with mcsTemperature 4.47.10.

I have the License ID and password issued on Sept 2, 2005.

Are there any cautions I should know before I upgrade to the latest version of mcsTemperature?

I am taking the machine out of production so now I have a chance to upgrade and test new stuff before it is put back into the lab.

I do not believe there are any upgrade issues. I dont recall specifically, but going back to V4 may not be possible after the upgrade. Save you mcsTemperature.ini and mcsForecast.ini files in the \Config folder as a backup in case you want to revert back to V4.

Comment

Groovy. Then I will begin the upgrade right now. Thanks.

Comment

mcsTemperature was not updated in so long because, the Professor lost the License ID and password eons ago.

I was not sure what upgrading via the HS updater would do. Anyway, I found a printout of the License ID and password in a random box covered in coffee (of course). At least if it went south I could reinstall the thing.

Anyway, I updated via the HS updater and it seems just to work. I blew away the database and starting from scratch for everything to insure it works properly.

Comment

You can thank others before you for trailblazing the upgrade. I'm glad it went easy for you.

Comment

God, this version is a big improvement over the old one.

Comment

Working...
            X