Error after upgrading...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error after upgrading...

Michael, recently I upgraded to mcsTemperature v5.7.0.3. When I restarted HS2 I got the following errors:
    9/11/2007 12:27:32 PM - Info - HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_MCSTEMPERATURE.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object
    9/11/2007 12:28:45 PM - mcsTemperature - Expression / on line 320 Syntax error

The Syntax error repeats about every minute. The ActiveX error does not repeat when I restart HS.

When I dropped back to the v5.2 exe, I got the same ActiveX error on startup:
    9/13/2007 9:34:54 AM ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_MCSTEMPERATURE.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object
    9/13/2007 9:34:54 AM ~!~Info~!~Registering hspi_mcsTemperature.exe with Windows
    9/13/2007 9:34:56 AM ~!~Info~!~Found plug-in: mcsTemperature, version: 5.2.0.0

However, I am not seeing the Syntax error any longer. What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks
    Gary

The error is from an expression evaluation from a Temperature Action or Temperature trigger where one of the parameters is blank rather than a number or a device code. Look at your events that use this feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      The error is from an expression evaluation from a Temperature Action or Temperature trigger where one of the parameters is blank rather than a number or a device code. Look at your events that use this feature.
      Michael, I'm having some difficulty determining which event(s) action or trigger is causing the problem. I have "disabled" all mcsTemperature events and I still get the (320) error. My event "Names" all have blanks in them, and the triggers (e.g. "^2: Temperature Temperature 78000800920E9010") are all structured with blanks in them. Is there anyway to determine more specifically where/what line 320 is? Sorry to be a pain on this.

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

The attached will provide info on the calling procedure for the expression into the hs log.
        Attached Files

Comment

The attached will provide info on the calling procedure for the expression into the hs log.
          Thanks Michael, that helped. I guess somewhere along the line the "Sensor for Delta Comparison or Averaging" was added and/or became required. I set it to be the same as the "Sensor on which to Trigger" and all is well.

Gary

Comment

Well I "thought" it was fixed...

Now, after setting the Delta sensor to be the same as the Trigger sensor, the events don't trigger at all.

Here is what I was getting with the debug version:
            9/17/2007 12:04:02 PM ~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~EvaluateTrigger Delta Device=^2, Compare Device= , Lower=79.9
            9/17/2007 12:04:02 PM ~!~mcsTemperature~!~Expression / on line 320 Syntax error

After setting the two drop down boxes to the same sensor the error went away:
            9/17/2007 12:07:00 PM ~!~mcsTemperature Debug~!~EvaluateTrigger Delta Device=^2, Compare Device=^2, Lower=79.9

However the event never fired. With v5.7.0.3 I can have the Syntax error and the events work fine, or I can get rid of the error but the events don't trigger. Both are fine with v5.2. Any suggestions/guidance?

Gary
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Kbevo; September 26, 2007, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Bump. Perhaps you missed above post, or just busy maybe?

Thanks
              Gary

Comment

Yes I did miss it. I'll take a look today or tomorrow

Comment

I got setup to look at this but it looks to me as if you do not want to use a delta trigger, but simply a limit trigger. Since you only have one sensor there are not two from which a delta can be computed. If you use the same sensor for both then the delta will always be zero.

If you want a trigger when the temperature goes below 79.9 then select the decreases to lower limit checkbox.

Comment

If you want a trigger when the temperature goes below 79.9 then select the decreases to lower limit checkbox.
                    Ok, done. I will give that a try and see what happens. I don't remember exactly the history of why I was using the delta setting since its been a couple years or more since I established those events. However, it seems I had trouble with the temp droping in larger (than .1) increments inbetween readings and the limit event was not triggering. That is, the reading would be 80.0 on an early reading and 79.8 on the next. I know it does not seem reasonable that it would not trigger since 79.8 is LESS than 79.9, but that sticks in my mind for some reason. Anyway, I will see what happens.

Thanks again Michael.
                    Gary

Comment

Working...
                    X