Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiots guide to MCS Temp needed

Hi

Can Anybody give me an idiots guide to setting up MCS Temp?

I've got a few Digimax 210 thermostats that are read into HS through ACRF that I'd like to chart. http://www.letsautomate.com/10774.cfm?

I've got as far as entering a digimax's code ( \74 ) in, said it's a temperature sensor and given it a Database name. After that I get a popup saying that chartdirector will be loaded and wait for the prompt.

Then nothing...............

What am I doing wrong?
    Any chance of a step-by-step guide?

Cheers

Andy

It is trying to download and install from the following link. Since it did not have success you can do it manually.

http://download2.advsofteng.com/chartdir_com_win32.exe

After this go to the Groups page of mcsTemperature and define a new group name and add the sensors that you want to chart. The group will then be available via linkls for quick viewing. Dont use the Default group as that has legacy issues.

Comment

Mike

I'm having some difficulty here.

How come my GUI looks completely different to the one in the manual?

Cheers

Andy
      Attached Files

Comment

The original manual was written by Bill Walton based upon the HS1 implementation. I provided a browser interface for HS2 and remember doing a manual for that, but searching my computers I did not find this manual. I have not pursued asking others if they have a more current version that I may have posted. Writing it again also is not very attractive. The browser layout should not be too hard to follow vs the form-based one in the manual. The event setup is hard to follow since HS2 does not support the event UI formatting that exists with HS1. In this case it is best to actually look at the HS1-based manual to understand what the event setup should look like and make the appropriate entries on the browser form.

Comment

Working...
        X