Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature Action

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to setup an action so that when the temperature in my media room goes over 20c then the aircon turns on. If it goes below 18c then it turns off. I created the event and set it up as I thought it should work.

Now my questions.

First of all, is there a way to change the text in the device status ? Currently it is set as the picture below. Instead it would be good if it would just say the UL, LL and Current temperature e.g "[18 to 20] Now 21.6". The current text is way to long and causing my columns to go wrong. This leads to my second question. If I cannot change the text, is there a way adjust where it does a new line so I can shorten that column ?

Any help appreciated. Sure is a steep learning curve for this very versatile plugin.

Just come across another questions I am hoping you can help with. My aircon unit is controlled via IR signals. It appears that MCST doesn't have a way of sending IR signals via Homeseer ?

I thought of creating a dummy device that would trigger an event but that seems like an awfully untidy way of doing things.

Comment

I posted an update V5.11.1 at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...411#post734411 that breaks the display into multiple lines when HTML formatting is selected. I believe you have icons in your display so it is set to HTML formatting.

mcsTemperature does not have a mechanism to know if an end-point is ON or OFF when IR is used so it does not have a mechanism to monitor devices controlled by IR. Your approach of another event to bridge a device to an IR signal will be necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        I posted an update V5.11.1 at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...411#post734411 that breaks the display into multiple lines when HTML formatting is selected. I believe you have icons in your display so it is set to HTML formatting.

mcsTemperature does not have a mechanism to know if an end-point is ON or OFF when IR is used so it does not have a mechanism to monitor devices controlled by IR. Your approach of another event to bridge a device to an IR signal will be necessary.
        Ah ok I will give the update a try. Many thanks !!

Marc

Comment

Working...
        X