forecast table error on creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

forecast table error on creation

Set up to ask mcstemp to use weatherxml file (which exists fine) for forecast data.

get the error:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>02/12/2007 11:55:14 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Creating database table for forecast data in D:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb\Forecast</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>02/12/2007 11:55:15 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>ForecastASP: on line 910 Invalid use of Null</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

any ideas?

I'm on the road and do not have the source to correlate the error, but the most common problem is the template to the database is not fully created. Post #75 at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=116165&page=4 has a good template with the 10 forecasted temperature fields defined. If you have no useful data in your database then you can replace it with the posted one.

Another cause could be a request to display the forecast data before a cycle has been run to put the data in the database. There is a Get Forecast Now button or simply waiting 60 minutes should put something there.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      I'm on the road and do not have the source to correlate the error, but the most common problem is the template to the database is not fully created. Post #75 at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=116165&page=4 has a good template with the 10 forecasted temperature fields defined. If you have no useful data in your database then you can replace it with the posted one.

Another cause could be a request to display the forecast data before a cycle has been run to put the data in the database. There is a Get Forecast Now button or simply waiting 60 minutes should put something there.

Table has been created though sligtly different fields from the blank one you pointed me to. the fields which have appeared in it are: time, v_temp, v-clcon, vwinds, vwindd, vbarometer, vhumidity, v_real, vuv, vvisibility, v_lastup, v_forecast whereas the one you pointed me to has:
      time, v_vlcon, vwindd, v_lastup, v_forecast, f1max, f2max, f3max, f4max, f5max, f1min, f2min, f3min, f4min, f5min, vwinds, vhumidity, vbarometer, vuv, vvisibility, v_real, v_temp

no data records.

if i force a forecast get, i get the message

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>03/12/2007 11:13:11 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>mcsTemperature </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>GetWeather2 D:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\mcsTemperature.mdb Forecast, F1Max, SQL=SELECT * FROM Forecast WHERE v_LastUp = #2007-03-12 10:50:00# DB=Provider = Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source= Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. on line 2460</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Looks to me like it is missing some of those fields so I will go ahead and replace that table in the database. can i do that in isolation or is it linked to any others?

Comment

Just do it when HS is not running. There are no other dependencies that I am aware.

Comment

inserted the new table replacing the old one.

using the get forecast button does not update the forecast variables although the error message has gone away.

how do i find out why forecast data not apparently being collected?

Comment

Forecast data in your case will come from Weather.com in XML format. Assure that you have your Weather.com license information and site id setup per the manual and have the setup checkbox selected to retrieve weather data from the site. Alternately you can use the WeatherXML script to access the site and use the checkbox to tell mcsTemperture to use the WeatherXML file.

There is also a Special Debug checkox which had been used to help with understanding the forecast data capture. I think it is still used for this purpose. You can set this checkbox on the setup Interface page and the output may help.

Comment

Working...
            X