DS2405 Temp05 / DS9097

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS2405 Temp05 / DS9097

Hi, have both Temp05 and DS9097 and want to read on/off from several DS2405. Is it possible with the plugin? And which of above interface is pfreferable? Need to poll minimum every second, offen is better.

Thanks
    /Tony
    Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
    --
    Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
    Tonlof | Sweden

I have a TEMP08. About a year ago I tried to use several DS2405 switches with the TEMP08. I was not able to get them to work reliably. Mitch at Midon is working on new software for the TEMP08 that will work with DS2405 switches.

I am now using the DS9097 with 7 DS2405 devices (3 switches and a 4 channel relay board). I use the mcsXap plugins. I am polling every 1-2 seconds. Works great! I have the DS2405s connected to magnetic door switches. If you are considering using the DS2405 for window/door switches, you should also consider using the DS2406; I think it is a better choice.

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Thanks Steve, I think I should take a look on XAP. Did not found the download o release page.
      Regardings
      Tony
      --
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

mcsTemperature is able to poll DS2405/DS2406 devices using a DS9097U/DS9490 or as delivered by the Temp05. At the polling rates you want the DS9097U/DS9490 is the choice you want. mcsTemperature has a provision for higher rate switch polling which I have measured at rates down to 300 milliseconds for one sensor.

xapmcs1Wire is a lessons-learned redesign and expansion of the 1-wire interface used within mcsTemperture. It is not in the updater and the relationship with Homeseer is via a LAN interface rather than an ActiveX control going through hs_compatibilty. It supports a distributed computing architecture so is a little different than the traditional plugin. The interfaces that support this interface model are in the mcs Plugins and Scripts xAP Library and xAP Discussions subforums.

Also as Steve pointed out the DS2406 is a preferred over the DS2405 from a performance prespective when using xapmcs1wire. I do not think it makes any difference with mcsTemperature. The DS2406 has an alarm feature. If all your switches are interfaced with a DS2406 then the software can send out a single command that asks all devices if their state has changed. This way the polling of many devices can be done quickly rather than polling each one individually.

Comment

Thanks Michael, can I ask you why DS2406 is a better choice. I have google to find any compares of these models.

Is it also possible to send on/off with MCS Temperature?
          Thanks.
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Tony,

As Michael pointed out, the DS2406 provides for a simpler and more reliable interface than the DS2405. From a protocol perspective, the huge difference is that the DS2406's provide CRC error checking on communications, which the DS2405 does not.

TEMP08 fixes for the DS2405/06 communication are coming along very well. My goal is to release new code this month. Status is being reported at Midon News

TEMP05 software support was discontinued 4 years ago. Since TEMP05 was the original code base for TEMP08, there will be the same issues on TEMP05 with DS2405/06 communications. These appeared as intermittent false on or off readings.

Mitch
            http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Is it also possible to send on/off with MCS Temperature?
              Yes via the HS Device/Satus page UI or via script/events.

Comment

Working...
              X