Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error using device in High Limit

Hi -
    I've got this error coming up ever since I tried putting my thermostat device ($37) into my Upper Limit dialog. I have 1+$37 in the dialog box.

12/8/2007 3:00:53 PM - mcsTemperature - Expression 1+$37/ on line 70 Invalid character

I also notice that I can't change the house code to anything other than $ no matter what I put in the field that says Default House Code for New Sensors. Not sure if that is related or not.

Thanks,

Pat

Seems I've got additional problems. I'd really like to remove all parts of this plugin and start over. I tried to move everything that I could find into an archive folder and reinstall but it seems to looking at a file that I missed somewhere.

Rather than trying to troubleshoot my problem can you tell me the best way to remove all instances of the plugin and start over?

Thanks,

Pat

Comment

The plugin was installed with an installer so you should be able to use Windows Add/Remove programs to remove all the files that were installed. There were some additional files created in the \Config and and \Data folders with the plugin name as the folder or filename.

I'm traveling so I'm not able to evaluate your expression you used for the limit. It looks reasonable based upon my memory.

Once a plugin house code is created then that will be the primary ones used. There are actually two created. To change these you need to change all devices that have the .Interface property set to mcsTemperature. This is where the plugin looks to discover the house codes assigned by HS to it. I usually use device 99 of the house code to simply reserve the house code so HS will not assign it to other plugins. This device code is often hidden so assure your viewing filter is set to show all devices

Comment

Hi Michael -
        I've uninstalled using the Windows Add/Remove function. I then reinstalled and updated to hspi_mcstemperature 5.12.0

Something still isn't working correctly. On my devel machine when I go to Events and the Action tab and choose Temperature Actions I get 3 choices for "Turn Device", 3 for "On When", etc. On my live machine I only get 1 choice for each of those.

I'm guessing this is somehow related to my problem of my Event Action not working.

Any ideas on what legacy file or setting might be causing this?

Thanks,

Pat

Comment

The most recent version of the plugin ony contains one rather than three options. The three was OK for HS1, but does not make sense for HS2 and I updated to reflect this.

When I get back I can help more, but do not have any good ideas at this time.

Comment

Hi Michael -
            Thanks for the help. I started over with the plugin and think that I've got the Temperature Action working the way that it should, almost. I have a temperature sensor as the input, a high and low limit set, and a relay as the output (I'm controlling my hot tub heater). It holds the setpoint really well. One thing I noticed though is that in my log file it is turning on and off the output in very strange ways. Notice how it turns it on, then immediately off, then back on again, then off, then on for about 3 minutes. Is that something in a setting I'm missing that is causing this?

12/21/2007 2:28:40 PM - Info - Device: Hot Tub Mech Equipment TubTstatOvd (17) ([40) Value set to 101
            12/21/2007 2:28:40 PM - Info - Event Trigger "Hot Tub heater status ON"
            12/21/2007 2:28:40 PM - Info - Device: Hot Tub Mech Equipment TubTstatOvd (17) ([40) Value set to 1
            12/21/2007 2:28:40 PM - Info - Event Trigger "Hot Tub heater status OFF"
            12/21/2007 2:28:39 PM - Info - Device: Hot Tub Mech Equipment TubTstatOvd (17) ([40) Value set to 101
            12/21/2007 2:28:39 PM - Info - Event Trigger "Hot Tub heater status ON"
            12/21/2007 2:28:39 PM - Info - Device: Hot Tub Mech Equipment TubTstatOvd (17) ([40) Value set to 1
            12/21/2007 2:28:39 PM - Info - Event Trigger "Hot Tub heater status OFF"
            12/21/2007 2:28:39 PM - Info - Device: Hot Tub Mech Equipment TubTstatOvd (17) ([40) Value set to 101
            12/21/2007 2:28:39 PM - Info - Event Trigger "Hot Tub heater status ON"

Comment

What are the event triggers that are showing in the log and what is done as a result of the trigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                What are the event triggers that are showing in the log and what is done as a result of the trigger?
                Hi Michael -
                I've attached a screenshot of the Action page. The trigger is a manual trigger that I have set to run at startup.

Let me know if there is any other info that I can provide.

Thanks,

Pat
                Attached Files

Comment

My question sould have been more explicit. What is causing the following in the log and what is the action that is performed when the event is triggered?

Comment

My question sould have been more explicit. What is causing the following in the log and what is the action that is performed when the event is triggered?

Hi Michael -
                    The control loop controls a virtual device (V5) called Hot Tub Heater Status. I have two events "Hot Tub heater status off" and "Hot Tub heater status On" that looks at V5 and when on/off runs the event shown above. This event turns on/off a device from my HAI Omni that is the actual output to the relay for the hot tub heater.

The reason for doing it this way was that the HAI device uses Closed/Open rather than On/Off and wasn't working correctly when I tried to control it directly.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Pat
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by beerguy; December 23, 2007, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Michael -
                      I turned on the Debug log trying to see if I could figure anything else out. Maybe this will help.

12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - Log Discrete INSERT INTO Hot_Tub_Heater_Status (SampleDate,Discrete) SELECT #2007-12-23 9:11:55 AM# AS QT,0 AS Q1
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - Info - Device: Hot Tub Mech Equipment TubTstatOvd (17) ([40) Value set to 1
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - Info - Event Trigger "Hot Tub heater status OFF"
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - Log Discrete INSERT INTO Hot_Tub_Heater_Status (SampleDate,Discrete) SELECT #2007-12-23 9:11:55 AM# AS QT,0 AS Q1
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - LogDiscrete Hot_Tub_Heater_Status, UseDatabase=True, databaseSchemaIsBeingChanged=False
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - Check Device Event V5=3,DictionaryExists=True
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - LogDiscrete Hot_Tub_Heater_Status, UseDatabase=True, databaseSchemaIsBeingChanged=False
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - (1) EvaluateDeviceAction Skip=True, Device(1)=Hot Tub Control
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - EvaluateDeviceAction/DoAction Removing Monitored Event 1,0, MonitoredDevice=V5, StatusDevice=Hot Tub Control
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - Check Device Event [40=17,DictionaryExists=False
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - Info - Device: Hot Tub Mech Equipment TubTstatOvd (17) ([40) Value set to 101
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - Info - Event Trigger "Hot Tub heater status ON"
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - Log Discrete INSERT INTO Hot_Tub_Heater_Status (SampleDate,Discrete) SELECT #2007-12-23 9:11:55 AM# AS QT,1 AS Q1
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - Log Discrete INSERT INTO Hot_Tub_Heater_Status (SampleDate,Discrete) SELECT #2007-12-23 9:11:55 AM# AS QT,1 AS Q1
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - Check Device Event V5=2,DictionaryExists=True
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - (4) SampleEventTriggered=True, Trigger Repeat Time=12/23/2007 9:37:12 AM, TriggerDwell=5, DwellStart=12/20/2007 9:55:09 PM
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - (4) OutsideBand Current=95.7, Lower=97, Upper=104, Compare1=, Compare2=,trueConditions=1
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - (2) SampleEventTriggered=True, Trigger Repeat Time=12:00:00 AM, TriggerDwell=0, DwellStart=12/20/2007 9:55:09 PM
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - (2) True Condition Found, Current True Count=1, needed=1
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - (2) Trigger Device (2) `10, UpperLimit Compare 95.7 vs Compare Value= priorValue =95.7, event Started=True
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - (1) Reset Trigger States
                      12/23/2007 9:11:55 AM - mcsTemperature - (1) Trigger Device `10, LowerLimit Compare vs Compare Value= priorValue =95.7, event Started=False

Comment

It looks as if you have 4 Temperature Triggers and 1 Temperature Action Events. I do not know if this is intentional or not, but two of the triggers and the actions all use `10. Could you have a leftover temperature trigger that is now being done as a temperature action?

The Temperature Action uses a limit of .9+ ...
                        The first character does not evaluate to a numeric so it will not be what you expect. Try 0.9+

If there are still problems after looking at these then we can look further.

Comment

It looks as if you have 4 Temperature Triggers and 1 Temperature Action Events. I do not know if this is intentional or not, but two of the triggers and the actions all use `10. Could you have a leftover temperature trigger that is now being done as a temperature action?

The Temperature Action uses a limit of .9+ ...
                          The first character does not evaluate to a numeric so it will not be what you expect. Try 0.9+

If there are still problems after looking at these then we can look further.
                          I'm guessing some of those Temperature Triggers are left-overs from previous tests when I was having problems. How can I delete them? I've looked at all my devices, making sure to Show All of them, and don't see anything listed.

On the topic of the .9, everytime I've tried to put in 1+R37 or 0.9+R37 the range shown on the control device doesn't work. It looks like this:

Control Active `10 Limits [101.5 to 0.9] Now 101.7, Controlled Device V5 Off for 0:01:22

When I put .9+R37 it looks like this (which seems to look correct):

Control Active `10 Limits [101.5 to 102.4] Now 101.7, Controlled Device V5 Off for 0:02:46

Pat

Comment

I thought I had replied earlier, but I must not have clicked the submit button.

The old temperature triggers are associated with events so if you delete or disable the event then it should no longer be visible to mcsTemperature. It likely will require a HS restart since mcsTemperature does not monitor the HS Event list changes.

Try the 0.9 format. The display logic and the evaluation logic are different and the evalution is the sequence that actually does something. The display logic does need to be fixed, but is not a direct cause of any problems.

Comment

Working...
                            X