Santa's Gift to Me - Davis Weather Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa's Gift to Me - Davis Weather Station

Santa was good this year. I got a Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station with the datalogger and vws software. Got it installed yesterday and now want to hook it up to HS. I currently use both mcsTemperature and mcsSprinklers and would like some advice on how best to use it with these plugins.

Seems like I may want vws to create the csv file for import into mcsTemp and then use the created devices within mcsSprinklers but I can't see instructions on just how to do it within mcsTemp.
    Regards, Bob

Both plugins are setup to accept either the .csv file input or Homeseer devices. You can make one plugin dependent upon the other by using the device codes created by the other or you can maintain independence by letting each get the data from the .csv file. mcsSprinklers default input format for .csv files is the Davis Vantage Pro layout so that will be the easiest to setup. For mcsTemperature you need to create the .csv template which many others have already done and should be availble from someone.

I generally try to reduce dependencies so when something stops working it is easier to understand why. The downside to this is that you will have multiple devices that represent the same data and these devices may vary dependng upon when the sample was actually collected. If you wish to share devices then mcsSprinklers may be the preferred importer since the device codes for these functions have already been reserved using the house code where all the General Status devices are listed.

Comment

Thanks Michael,

After further reading on the forum, I have created a separate import for mcsSprinklers and mcsTemp. Seems to be working well so far. Great plugins from mcs - great weather station from Davis.
      Regards, Bob

Comment

Working...
      X