enclosures for outdoor sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enclosures for outdoor sensors

What are people using for outdoor temp sensors to protect them from the weather but also give as acurate of a reading as possible?

Thanks for your feedback.

A home made temperature pagoda is one of the more accurate ways house outdoor temp sensors. Here's my old pagoda made from plastic bowls.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rupp; January 6, 2008, 10:18 PM.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

My outdoor temperature sensor inside the wind device ))

Comment

Is your wind device one from Hobby Boards? I have one of those coming.

How well does it work? I forgot that has one in it.

Comment

The wind "device" has a temperture sensor built in but it's off as much as +15 degrees in the sun. That's why a pagoda is important for semi accurate measurements.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

But if I have a place outdoors that is not in the sun and open, that should work just as good. Correct? On the North side of my shed, it never gets in the sun, ever. So if I mount the sensor on that side of the shed in a open style case I should be pretty accurate. Do you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
              But if I have a place outdoors that is not in the sun and open, that should work just as good. Correct? On the North side of my shed, it never gets in the sun, ever. So if I mount the sensor on that side of the shed in a open style case I should be pretty accurate. Do you agree?
              That's probably as accurate as you can get. The concept behind the pagoda is it's normally mounted high were the air can move around it.
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

No. My wind device is AAG electronica

http://www.aagelectronica.com/aag/index.html

Comment

Working...
                X