Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uses for 1-wire sensors

OK.

Now that I have one-wire sensors working, I have the bug. I monitor all my rooms temps, outside and have a wind and rain sensor on the way.

What I am curious about, is what other useful things do people monitor. Just looking for some ideas to do at my home.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi

I monitor my electicity useage along with water consumption....and just working on Gas consumption too....

And, of course, MCSTemp will graph it all for you....

DJ
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Oh...should add - I monitor the central heating boiler flow and return temperature, along with hot water cylinder flow/return and also cold water fed into the house temp.....

DJ

Comment

ok.. now you have me thinking.

Can you explain how you are monitoring your electricity and also water temp and flow?

Comment

Hi

For water and elec, have a look at Jon00' site along with bwired.nl - you will get the message from the masters....

DJ

Comment

where are you from? In the US we use different meters so I am not sure how to do this but will eventually....
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

buncha dorks.....

... i can't wait for my sensors to arrive

Comment

In between the heating and cooling seasons, I cycle window fans based on room temperature. I monitor the temperature of the high and low pressure AC lines. It gives you a gross idea of the performance depending on outside/inside temperature and humidity. I also monitor/control a kegerator and fermentation chamber (beer and cheese). Monitoring and controlling the fans and exhaust in a small hobby greenhouse. I just ordered a cent-a-meter from www.powermeterstore.com. $152.95 and shipping around $10. It's not a real power meter. Really just a ammeter, but I'm looking more for relative measurements. It outputs a signal that the rfxcom receiver can handle. A sunsensor provides an input that I use to turn some lights on early on overcast days. This stuff is a great way to get rid of extra time and money.

Comment

Working...
                X