No announcement yet.

MCS Temperature Plug-in compatability with HS Pro as Application AND a Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCS Temperature Plug-in compatability with HS Pro as Application AND a Service

I think I have discovered what must be a known bug or anomaly in the MRB1Wire plug-in and HomeSeer Pro which prevents HomeSeer's Status page from displaying updated 1-Wire sensor readings - but only when HomeSeer is running as a SERVICE. A Status page screen refresh properly reveals new time and date stamps for the temperature readings when HomeSeer is running as an application.
    My configuration uses the Maxim / Dallas Semi Drivers, the MS redistributable JT patch and the free MRB plug-in to interface HomeSeer Pro to Hobby Boards' 6 Ch. Master Hub and several versions of Hobby Boards' sensors.
    Can you confirm for me that shortcoming does not exist with the mcsTemperature plug-in before I take the plunge? Thank you!<O></O>

I have no experience with HS as a service, but others may. The problem you describe has never been raised on this subforum. I do not know if is because it does not exist or if nobody is running the same environment as you.

I do notice that you are using the 1-wire hub. xapmcs1wire does support it, but mcsTemperature will not recognize any of the sensors connected to the branch circuits. xapmcs1wire is coupled to HS via the LAN/socket connection rather than via a shared memory interface. This is much like the speaker client and HS are coupled. This relationship should be less prone to anomolies such as you describe.

Comment

Inability to display updated sensor data confirmed

I have recently completed a fresh reinstallation of HS Pro and the mcsTemperature plug-in on my production Windows 2003 Small Business Server. Once several installation snafu's were resolved, the plug-in seemed to perform well and provides a very professional interface when HomeSeer is running as a Windows APPLICATION. However, once HomeSeer is reconfigured and restarted to run as a SERVICE, no more sensor updates occur. This result matches my findings when using the mrb1Wire plug-in.

I have generated a HS helpdesk ticket to hopefully gain insight into this behavior and find a cause and resolution. The ability for HomeSeer to automatically load and execute transparently in the background (without the need for a user to log in and launch applications) is essential for maintaining a secure, robust and reliable automation system - IMO.

Comment

Working...
      X