Hubbing your 1 wires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubbing your 1 wires.

I have some some devices mentioned here that hub 1-wires. I would like to do this for some of my runs.

Can you tell me which devices mcsTemperature supports that hub 1-wire?

I don't want to leave mcsTemperature.

The 1-wire device used in a hub is a DS2409. It provides electrical isolation between two independent 1-wire run and allows a home-run type of architecture. This device is not supported by mcsTemperature. The device control is not the difficulty, but the management behind it to know which devices are are which branches of which switches and then to manage the switching in a manner that provides effective throughtput. There is no HS plugin that supports the DS2409. The users of the MBR 1-wire plugin have asked for this support and Matt indicated that he would like to add it when he has time. xapmcs1wire is the software that does support it with the interface to Homeseer via mcsXap plugin.

Comment

Is the alternative switching to the 'xap' ? I just started reading this one tonight.

This supports a Hobbyhub from what I can read about it.

Looks like there's a xapmcs1wire that 'looks' like mcstemperature?

Comment

Yes that is the alternative. xapmcs1Wire was written after mcsTemperature's 1-wire interface and provides additional features as well as incorporating the lessons-learned from the first go-around. It uses a distributed computing model so it an exist anywhere on the LAN rather than being tightly bound to Homeseer. There are also distributed applications that will do the data storage and the charting or mcsTemperature can be used for this.

Comment

Working...
        X