Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GetGroup with on line 1110 Subscript out of range

v5.12.8

Today I notice that I have no graphs and this error in the log each time I try to view a graph page: GetGroup with on line 1110 Subscript out of range.

Removed 2 devices from sensors page last week.
    Nothing was changed in HS or mcsTemp since then.
    mcsTemp is correctly logging to the DB.
    DB does not seem corrupt (looks good in Access).

Any ideas?
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Not sufficient info in the error message. I added some in the attached. After rerunning with it there is a good chance I will want to see what is in the mcsTemperature.ini file too.
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; April 27, 2008, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Here's the error under 5.13.8:

GetGroup i=9, j=17, arraysize=8, DisplaySensorDevice=8 on line 1110 Subscript out of range

ini is attached...

Thanks Michael!
      Attached Files
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

Comment

V5.13.9 will take care of the GetGroup error.

Comment

v5.13.9 = No go. Here's the log:

4/28/2008 6:52:42 AM mcsTemperature GetGroup i=9, j=17, arraysize=8, DisplaySensorDevice=8 on line 1110 Subscript out of range
          4/28/2008 6:52:47 AM mcsTemperature GetGroup i=9, j=17, arraysize=8, DisplaySensorDevice=8 on line 1110 Subscript out of range
          4/28/2008 6:53:05 AM mcsTemperature GetGroup i=6, j=24, arraysize=5, DisplaySensorDevice=5 on line 1110 Subscript out of range
          4/28/2008 6:53:13 AM mcsTemperature GetGroup i=2, j=2, arraysize=1, DisplaySensorDevice=1 on line 1300 Subscript out of range
          4/28/2008 6:53:13 AM mcsTemperature FormatTemperatureScreen on line 2230 Subscript out of range
          4/28/2008 6:53:27 AM mcsTemperature GetGroup i=6, j=19, arraysize=5, DisplaySensorDevice=5 on line 1110 Subscript out of range
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

Comment

After scrutinizing the mcsTemperature.ini file, I found that the two devices I had removed from the sensors page were still included in several entries in the 'Group' section. After manually removing these references, the errors have ceased and the graph pages display properly.

So for me there are two issues with "removing" devices from the sensors page by deleting the device code:
            1) all references to the removed devices are not removed from the ini
            2) non-plugin owned devices removed from the sensors page are deleted from HS
            Best regards,
            -Mark-

Comment

Now that I understand that it is a case of missing devices I was able to really fix it in V5.13.10. I also removed a device (A1) from the sensor page and it was not deleted from HS. I checked the code and confirmed that all deletes were conditional on the .interface property being mcsTemperature. The exception was deletes from the GUI so I made it the same. If you continue to have this problem then look at the .interface property to confirm that mcsTemperature does not have ownership.

Comment

v5.13.10 sees to have done the trick. No more errors in the HS log and removing HS virtual devices from the sensors page does not delete them from HS. Thank you very much Michael.
                Last edited by mfisher; April 29, 2008, 09:35 AM.
                Best regards,
                -Mark-

Comment

Working...
                X