Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control as stopped working

Hey There,

Last year I was successfully running this plugin which was controlling the Aircon unit in my media room. I had it set so that when the temperature went over 25 the aircon turned on, then when the temperature went below 24, it turned off. All was good.

So for the first time this year the temperature in the UK has gone over 25 and the media room is in need of cooling, except for some reason the mscT plugin does not seem to be working correctly.

This is a screenshot of the control and the actual temperature device. The temperature device R5 is correct and updated. Now look at the control R37, it says that the temperature is 29 when it is clearly 25.7

This is the event behind the control.

I have tried deleting the event and control and starting again, still no joy. I have enabled debugging but can't see any errors or problems there. I have attached a copy to this post.

So, any ideas ? I reset Homeseer last night and made sure the control was active and it totally ignored the temperature. When I turned the control off and on again it updated the temperature to 29, but that has now stayed at 29 even though the temperature is actually at 25 odd and the sensor device reflects that.

Any help much appreciated.

Marc
    Attached Files

The log shows no evaluation being done for triggers and actions. There is a setting to enable/disable these. In the mcsTemperature.ini file it is key "EnableTriggers". On the setup page it is in the section "Other Settings"

Comment

hi There,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it is set to on. I checked the settings page and have this option.

Enable temperature control triggers (This options is ticked)

then I checked the ini file and I have..

EnableTriggers=1

Comment

There was a recent update where a .vb file was added to the scripts folder. Do you have this?

Comment

Hi Michael,

I have the following file in scripts..

mcsTemperatureActions.vb

Is that the correct one ? If so, then yes it is there.

Comment

I occasionally see the same kind of problems. Typically I have found that when I reboot HomeServer it doesn't always restart all of the controls in a satisfactory manner.

I have found that if I turn the control Off then On it will typically start working again (i have now built this into the HS start up script).

The other issue I have experienced, typically as a result of upgrades to HS or mcsTemperature is that occasionally the control itself may become corrupted. On the event screen it may look OK but if you edit the event it throws up some spurious messages. Rebuilding the event and re-running it fixes that issue.
            Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
              I occasionally see the same kind of problems. Typically I have found that when I reboot HomeServer it doesn't always restart all of the controls in a satisfactory manner.

I have found that if I turn the control Off then On it will typically start working again (i have now built this into the HS start up script).

Hi There,

Unfortunately I have already tried that without success. Can't get it to work for love nor money.

Comment

I'm back home so will be able to look into it in the next day or two.

Comment

When the mcsTemperatureActions.vb file runs it looks through all events, finds the ones where the Event Action is associated with plugin mcsTemperature and then writes the name of that event in the mcsTemperature.ini file in the section [TemperatureActions].

From the debug output it looks as if there were no Event Actions that belong to mcsTemperature. You can look in the mcsTemperature.ini file to test this hypothesis.

You can also run this script from an manual event and add some debug output to see what plugin owns the action that you have setup. The two hs.writelogs in the snipit below should be the correct edit for the mcsTemperatureActions.vb file to produce the desired debug output.

Code:
                  If Not oEvent Is Nothing Then
                     hs.writelog ("mcsTemperature","Event " & oEvent.name & " has " & cstr(oEvent.actions.count) & " actions ")
                     For Each oAction In oEvent.actions
                        hs.writelog ("mcsTemperature","Event " & oEvent.name & " has action for " & Left(oAction.pi_Actions, 14))

Comment

Hi There,

Apologies for the delay.. been dealing with other things, then decided to reinstall Homeseer completely clean. Unfortunately still getting the same problem.

I modified the VB script as per your instructions and let it run for a while but after searching the logs, I could not find any additional information from the hs.writelogs you put in.

This is how I setup the control.

Created an event, set to manual.
                    Went to actions and set it to Temperature Actions
                    Set as follows...

Conditional Turn On only When Following Device is: Left Blank
                    Conditional Turn Off only When Following Device is: Left Blank
                    Turn Device: V1 Media Room Aircon Unit
                    On When: P3 Media Room Temperature
                    Off When: P3 Media Room Temperature
                    On Device is: Above Upper Limit (UL)
                    Off Device is: Below Lower Limit (LL)
                    And Continue: Blank
                    Lower Limit (LL):23
                    Upper Limit (UL): 26
                    Enable Conditional Turn On Device: Unchecked
                    Enable Conditional Turn Off Device: Unchecked

Now after I run this for the first time and wait, eventually (when is crosses the threshold) I get my Virtual Control. This control for example will say that the media room temperature is 23.1

If I then turn on the aircon manually and take the temperature down to 18, the control still says it's 23.1 even though the sensor says it's correctly 18.

Would appreciate some guidance

Many Thanks

Marc

Comment

The "And Continue" selection should be "Continue Forever" if you want the control to persist after the first transition.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                        The "And Continue" selection should be "Continue Forever" if you want the control to persist after the first transition.
                        Hi There,

Ah ok.. I believe it WAS originally set to that but in my messing about to get it working I must have changed it. I have set it back to "Continue Forever" the the problem remains. The sensor shows temperature currently at 23.5 and the control shows...

Control Active P3
                        Limits [23 to 26]
                        Now 23
                        Controlled Device V1
                        Off for 0:03:25

Obviously the Now 23 should be now 23.5 !

Comment

It will make it much easier for me if you have some data collected with the Special Debug set that spans about 2 minutes of operation.

Comment

Hi There,

Just to let you know that it's all now working. I basically messed around with it for days, deleting, recreating etc and eventually it just started working :\

Many thanks for your help. With any luck this will be the end of it

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X