WeatherXML failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherXML failure

In concert with other WeatherXML 'consumers' having issues with Weather.com (see New licensing from Weather.com?), I have begun to get this error in my HS log:
    Code:
    WeatherXML on line 710 Object variable or With block variable not set
    And here are the contents of the weathercom.xml file:
    PHP Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    <error>
      <err type="8">Bad or missing query parameters in request.</err>
    </error>
    Is there any chance you might consider adding support for the National Weather Service's NDFD as an option to Weather.com?

Details for querring the NDFD forecast data are here: http://www.weather.gov/xml/

And here's some VB.net code to parse the NDFD forecast database: http://blog.roncli.com/labels/Coding.html (look for the section titled "Updated NWS Code")
    Last edited by mfisher; May 8, 2008, 11:08 AM.
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

I'm getting now the same error message here too...

Comment

From a different thread

From a different thread:

Originally posted by kennesaw10

OK. Based on the new documentation from weather.com, you need to have this for your weatherxml access URL:

Example: a properly formatted request for Current Conditions and a Five-Day forecast for Atlanta, Georgia from the Service will appear as follows:

http://xoap.weather.com/weather/loca...prod=xoap&par=[PartnerID]&key=[LicenseKey]

where [PartnerID] is your unique Partner ID and [LicenseKey] is your unique License Key.

I put this in the Weather Admin screen in the "Map URL for Forecast page" slot. You just update your zip code from the 30339 shown above to your own.

That fixed it for me.
      OK, I'm feeling kinda dumb here. I'm using an older version of mcsTemperature that I've been QUITE happy with for a very long time.

As one can guess it has started throwing WeatherXML errors. Hoping that the URL is the problem, I went looking for it... and I've looked everywhere! For the life of me, I can figure out where Michael hid the URL so I can see if it is formatted properly (based on the new requirements).

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Scottbee View Post
        From a different thread:

OK, I'm feeling kinda dumb here. I'm using an older version of mcsTemperature that I've been QUITE happy with for a very long time.

As one can guess it has started throwing WeatherXML errors. Hoping that the URL is the problem, I went looking for it... and I've looked everywhere! For the life of me, I can figure out where Michael hid the URL so I can see if it is formatted properly (based on the new requirements).

Any ideas?
        Bah.... nevermind..... I'm a fool. I found the URL. Now to see if I can get it to work!

Comment

Originally posted by Scottbee View Post
          Bah.... nevermind..... I'm a fool. I found the URL. Now to see if I can get it to work!
          Could you post the page in mcsTemp where you entered the new WeatherXML URL?
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

mcsTemperature already provides the data from NWS (NOAA). If you want to use it rather than Weather.com then select the radio button to not use WeatherXML and enter the station code at the top of the Forecast setup page.

The downside to using NWS is that data is only availble for USA.

I would recommend that WeatherXML not be downloaded from Weather.com via mcsTemperature since mcsTemperature does not satisfy all the licensing conditions established by Weather.com. If you want to use Weather.com data then use the from file option and run CFGuy's script. This script does attempt to comply with the license agreement.

Comment

Working...
            X