info re sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

info re sensors

Michael: i would like to monitor hot water and furnace temp. what sensors do i need and what software? I already have mcs spirnklers standard edition.
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

What do you mean by "monitor". How do you have the temperature measured for these sources?

Comment

i saw on mcs temp that you can monitor hot water or furnace... i would like to monitor the temp of my hot water heater. it goes out a lot and that way i would know. it has a standard style temp gague and i was wondering whether mcs temp could do that or since i have sprinkler, then maybe a variation. btw, i am very happy with the sprinkler program! thanks
      george
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

What I have used for this monitoring is DS1820/DS18B20 1-wire sensors and mcsTemperature can manage a 1-wire interface. What may be the challenge is mounting these sensors so they provide the desired functionality. If you have hot water with a recirc pump then it can be easily done by strapping an automotive hose clamp around the output line with the sensor held by the clamp. It may even work without the recirc pump if you have some other access point where hot water exists. The furnace can be done by placing the sensor in an output duct if forced air, or if all you are trying to do is detect when it is on/off then other sensors may be more appropriate such as a 24VAC relay and a DS10 for RF interface or a DS2405/DS2406 for a 1-wire one.

Comment

yes i have a circ pump for the hot water zone so i will give that a try. many thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X