Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapMCS and mcsTemperature

Hi,

I am having some trouble understanding the relationshop between xapMCS and mcsTemp.

Originally, I started with mcsTemp and using the USB 1wire interface was able to read my test sensors and collect data points in the database.

After some time of not working with this (built a house), I've gone back to try to get this up and running.

In doing so, I've chosen to use the xap interface to read my sensors. I can get these devices to show up in HS, no problem.

However, my question arises from how to get these devices to be trended using mcstemp, or does that not make sense at all. Should I then be using xapdatabase and xapchart to collect and present trend data for these sensors. Am I then, not able to trend/capture other devices from within Homeseer.

Can someone help enlighten me as to what I am now missing.

Thanks,
    W

It makes sense to use xap for the 1-wiire and other sensors and use the database and charting of mcsTemperature. That is the common xap setup for HS users. mcsXap will create device codes for the sensors you select and thee device codes are then entered on the mcsTemperature Senor setup page. xapccsDatabase and xapmcsChart provides the same functionality, but does not depend upon HS as mcsTemperature does. You can also have mcsXap output HS device changes via Xap and this allows you to chart anything from HS with xapmcsChart. Use of one approach vs. the other is a matter of architectural preference. I prefer to minimize dependencies, others like to have HS in series with everything.

Comment

Thanks Michael,

I've decided to use mcstemp and xap together and not use xap database or chart. I also finally got it working..so i am good.

My next effort will get electricity utlization into the system and possible using some of the RF temp sensors.

W

Comment

Working...
      X