Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revamped rain gauge

Michael,

My rain gauge went belly up 3 month ago.
    I just purchased a dual counter from Hobby Boards:
    http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/...58cec5c8912f8c

I will connect this board directly on the rain gauge reed switch. This modification should be transparent for the system, except for the different DS2423 serial number.

Before I connect the device, I want to remove all traces of the previous DS2453 from MCS temperature system.
    I have seen chip references in the mcsTemperature.ini file

please let me know the cleanest way to perform this operation

TIA
    yves
    Last edited by kas; June 24, 2008, 03:17 PM.

There are serial number, database and group definitons that are in the .ini file. If you make all the entries on the Sensor page for that sensor it should remove the associations, will leave the database data alone, and I think will delete the device code from HS. When you connect the new device then you should be able to use the same device code and same database name as the old DS2423 and the transfer to a new DS2423 should be transparent. If you use a different device code, then you will also need to edit the Group page to define the new device code for the line to be drawn.

Comment

Michael,

Thanks for the information
      What about a carefull "Search old S/N" and "Replace by new S/N" in mcsTemperature.ini ?
      Shouln't it be the safest, less intrusive solution ?

Are the Dallas S/N appearing in other files ?

Best regards
      yves

Comment

You can do it that way too. Only one file contains the serial number information.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          You can do it that way too. Only one file contains the serial number information.
          I followed that track
          The transplanted rain gauge is back online

Thanks for your help
          yves

Comment

Working...
          X