Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill-formed trigger...

Michael,
    Can you (or anyone) shed some light on this?
    I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work, but i get the following log error at random times.

11/28/2008 8:32:44 PM mcsTemperature Ill-formed trigger for Start Car=

The event is intended to start the car on cold mornings. It simply runs a script.

The trigger is conditional:

Condition
    Device: Weather Station Environment Station Temperature value is in the range -50...0
    AND
    Device: System Control Alarm Clock Mode is Working
    AND
    Device: System Status Active Mode has been ON for exactly 1 hours and 0 minutes
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

The code that generates this the following based

Code:
    320                 If oEvent.pi_trig_name = TemperatureTypeEvent Then
    330                  parms = Split(oEvent.pi_trigger, Chr(2))
    340                   If UBound(parms) < 2 Then
    350                       hsWritelog PLUGIN_NAME, "Ill-formed trigger for " & oEvent.Name & "=" & Replace(Replace(Replace(oEvent.pi_trigger, Chr(1), "|"), Chr(2), "~"), Chr(0), ";")
    360                   Else
    The expected format from HS contains fields separated by the chr(2) character. The 3rd of these fields contains the temperture trigger parameters that were defined in the event form. The data from HS appears to be truncated and does not contain the parameters mcsTemperature is expecting. I do not know if conditional affect it, but from my understanding of the SDK the conditionals and triggers should not be intermixed in the pi_trigger property. I do not use conditionals myself. There also may have been a change in the pi_trigger property of which I am not aware.

Comment

I'm running hspro 2.4.0.1 and mcstemp version 6.0.0.7

i built an event using the same type of conditon that wadenut did. it gave me that error, so i changed it to being based on something else, and it's still giving me that error, though the event has nothing to do with mcstemp now...i probably should have created a new event rather than edit the one i made, but i didn't think about it at the time...and since then i've copied and modified that event over 40 times! i'd really like to not have to redo each one of them.

is there a fix for this?

ian
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Ian,
        I don't remember now how I fixed the event.
        Looking at it now, the only difference from above, apart from some date conditions I'd added, is that the temperature condition is the last in order now. Perhaps that's what did the trick??? I do know the event ran fine all last winter.
        Greg

Condition
        Device: System Control Alarm Clock Mode is Working
        AND
        Device: System Status Active Mode has been ON for exactly 1 hours and 0 minutes
        AND
        Date is before 3/31/Y
        AND
        Device: Garage Environment Temperature value is in the range -50...-15
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

The HS SDK specifies a trigger to be of the form:
          Code:
          The trigger string is a Chr(2) separated list of values with the following format:

Parameter 0:  plugin name

Parameter 1: trigger name (as given in TriggerUI)

Parameter 2+N: list of trigger values for each control
          mcsTemperature is reporting in the HS log that the Trigger provided to it by HS does not contain a list of trigger values. It only has a trigger name.

The HS SDK has a interface function "SupportsConditionUI". mcsTemperature returns a false to tell HS that it will not evaluate conditions. I'm not certain what the implications of this are since I do not use conditions, but I assume that mcsTemperature will not return an evaluation of a condition and will not display a text string that describes a condition.

It seems to me that if you want a fix then you need to look to HST as mcsTemperature does appear to comply with the SDK and HS is providing it a trigger to evaluate that has no parameters.

Comment

Working...
          X