H e l p ! ! !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H e l p ! ! !

I have loaded mcsTemperature and am trying to get it working for my setup.
    I have all my outside and inside sensors already defined and being updated via other plugins/scripts/programs. They are (almost) all set up as devices in housecode 'R'. For example, my average (averaged from 3 outdoor 1-wire and oregon scientific sensors) is in device 'R1', average humidity is in 'R29', wind speed is in 'R8'.
    What I want from mcsTemperature is the ability to save periodic data from these sensors/devices into a database and then be able to pick data from that database and display it in a graph. I'm lost as to how to get mcsTemperature to get the data from these existing devices and into it's virtual devices and then into a database.
    Can someone walk me through this?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Go to the 'sensors' page in mcsTemp.
    Enter the device code for one of your devices, like R29, in the DC column.
    Give it a simple DB field name (this will be used by mcs for the field name in the database), no spaces, no special characters, must start with a character (not a number.)
    Select a type from the dropdown - for your R29 select Humidity.
    Hit 'save setup changes.'
    Do the above for each device you want to add.
    When you're done w/ that go to the 'interfaces' page.
    Check the checkbox for: "Transfer mapped virtual devices to database at interval ?? Minutes" and enter an interval (I use 10 minutes.)
    Click "save changes."
    After at least 10 minutes you can see data by going to 'trends.'

Use 'groups' to customize the display of graphs.
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks!!

Thanks for the short tutorial. I now have my outdoor and indoor temps going into the database and can view (very short so far) charts.

Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Next quick question. When I first started using mcsTemperature I would get buttons near the top of the configurations pages to let me select one of the other configuration pages (sensor, interface, display, etc). Now they aren't there.
        Any idea which setting I changed that made then disappear?
        Dick

Comment

Iwould need tolook at souce, but my initial guess is that hs2 header is selected.

Comment

Looking at the source it looks as if the InMenu setting affects both the top of page links and the HS menu bar.

Comment

Working...
            X