mcsTemperature database stropped updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsTemperature database stropped updating

This afternoon about 3:00 the mcsTemperature database stopped updating and I don't know why. I have re-started Homeseer several times but no go.

Any ideas?
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

How large is the database? If it's an access database, did you try compacting it?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      How large is the database? If it's an access database, did you try compacting it?
      I just started using mcsTemperature yesterday. The database is on 188K.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I do not recall anyone experienc8ng this before. As a first step I would enable the general debug to get some insight into the internal logic. The databae 8s updated baed upon a timer so a long as there are sensors showing in the setup then they should continue to update.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I do not recall anyone experiencing this before. As a first step I would enable the general debug to get some insight into the internal logic. The database is updated based upon a timer so a long as there are sensors showing in the setup then they should continue to update.
          I just enabled general debug. Where will this debug file show up?
          I still have the issue where data isn't being saved to the database. If I'm correct, in my case, I needed to set up items on the sensors page to map my temp and humidity sensors to database fields. That is done and they show up correctly if I go back to the sensors page. Then on the interfaces page I checked the box for 'Transfer mapped virtual devices to database at interval 5 Minutes'. I have re-started Homeseer and still see nothing going into the database. Is there something else I need to do?

Second, on another note - I finally got my license issue resolved. I completely removed mcsTemperature and and settings files and mcsTemperature database and re-installed it from the updater. I could then register it from the Homeseer interfaces screen and it seemed to take properly.
          Dick

Comment

First, I found out where the general debug goes - to my homeseer log.

Next, I solved the database stopped updating problem. I apparently cannot have a dash '-' in a DB field name.

Now I am seeing really weird things as I try to add sensors to the sensor screen and therefore the database. I started adding my temp and humidity sensors and when I got to about 4-6 added in I'd start seeing some previously entered ones disappear from the sensors list.
            Also when I delete a row in the sensors screen by blanking out the DC and DB field boxes and save my setup changes, those devices are deleted not only from this mcstemp screen, but also from my Homeseer database. What is mcsTemperature doing deleting devices from my Homeseer setup??????
            Dick

Comment

Working...
            X