Error message on 'Trend' load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message on 'Trend' load

Whenever I load a new graph on the 'TRENDS' screen I get an error message in the Homeseer log:
    ~!~mcsTemperature~!~ CustomHeader: on line 30 Type mismatch: 'intHideTitle'

I have the display set to 'External Includes' because I don't want my head.htm file to show up (it takes up too much screen space).

Any ideas??

Correction - when I load any screen, not just 'Trends'.
    Last edited by RAM; December 31, 2008, 11:03 AM.
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

External Includes refers to CFGuy's set of scripts to build the headers for HTML formatting. These never made it to the HS2 Updater. There is a checkbox for no header.

Comment

I have the box for 'Exclude Header and Footer' checked, so if that's supposed to eliminate headers and footers, it doesn't.
      If I have the 'Internally Generated' or 'HS2 Generated' box checked, then my head.htm shows up. The only way it doesn't is if I have 'External Includes' checked.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I'll be returning from Vacation tomorrow so I can play with HS2 then to see what's what.

Comment

bump
          Dick

Comment

I went to the Display Setting page.
            Page Header Formatting: Internally Generated
            Content Selection: Exclude Header and Footer
            Content Selection: Exclude Page Links Above Charts

There is no data in the test, but the formatting is as attached. For the setup pages the mcsTemperature links cannot be supprressed, but for the chart pages they are optional.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              I went to the Display Setting page.

There is no data in the test, but the formatting is as attached. For the setup pages the mcsTemperature links cannot be supprressed, but for the chart pages they are optional.
              Attached is my screen with the same options set:

Do you have a 'head.htm' file in your Homeseer/html directory that normally displays on your Homeseer pages (such as devices or events screens)? That's what is being displayed above my charts.
              Attached Files
              Dick

Comment

No I do not. The web server being used is contained within HS and they are adding the header before returning the full page to your browser. mcsTemperature is returning a header-less page. I cannot control what HS is adding. With mcsSprinklers I provide the option of using the mcsSprinklers server or the HS server, but that option is not available with mcsTemperature. It seems you have already identified the culprit as the head.htm.

Comment

No I do not. The web server being used is contained within HS and they are adding the header before returning the full page to your browser. mcsTemperature is returning a header-less page. I cannot control what HS is adding. With mcsSprinklers I provide the option of using the mcsSprinklers server or the HS server, but that option is not available with mcsTemperature. It seems you have already identified the culprit as the head.htm.
                  I guess I don't understand what you're saying. I use HS's web server to serve up lots of my own web pages all the time and they don't get my 'head.htm' file prefixed to them.
                  Dick

Comment

I was the one not understanding. Give 5.14.5 a try to see if it works as you expect. It is at the first post in the mcsTemperature subforum.

Comment

Thanks!!!!

I was the one not understanding. Give 5.14.5 a try to see if it works as you expect. It is at the first post in the mcsTemperature subforum.
                      That fixed it. It works just like I want. It doesn't show my 'head.htm' now.

Thank You VERY MUCH!!!
                      Dick

Comment

Working...
                      X