Will MCS Temperature do this......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will MCS Temperature do this......

I'm using MCS Temperature, but I'm having problems getting it to do what I want, ideally I'd like it to be able todo the following, is this possible:

I have an univeral module which controls the boiler in my home, this is assigned the code "h13".

The current temperature is "R1"

The Temperature I want the house to be is "t13"

I have an occupancy sensor which is "H99"

What I would like todo is have the boiler turn on "h13" only if the house is occupied and the current temp is lower than the the temperature set is "t13"

I would like the turn off "h13" when the house is occupied, if the temp is higher than the value set it "t13".

I would also like the "h13" to go off if the house is vacent and it's during the day.

Is this possible, I've been trying but it's not been working I expected

I assume you are using a Temperature Action with the following setup
    Conditional ON H99
    Conditional OFF nothing
    Turn Device H13
    On When R1
    Off When R1
    On Device is Below Lower Limit
    Off Device is Above Upper Limit
    Continue Forever
    Lower Limit -1+T13
    Upper Limit +1+T13
    Enable Conditional Turn ON Device

Note you should have some dead-zone range in the upper and lower limit set points to prevent oscillation. Also the H99 conditional will stop the temperature action from turning H13 ON, but it will not force H13 OFF if it is already ON. Since you not only want to stop the thermostat operation, but also force H13 OFF, you should have another event that forces H13 OFF some short time after H99 indicates vacant. This second event, however, should only be needed if you are concerned about the situation where H99 indicates inactive when R1 is currently between upper and lower limits since it will normally go OFF when it does reach the upper limit based upon R1 being ON and increasing the temperature.

Comment

Codey,
      I'm a long term user of mcsTemp.
      This is a great and rock solid plugin.
      I use it for 1-Wire temp monitoring, weather and GRAPHING.
      It can do so much it is astounding.

On a side note please ensure there is a hardware fail safe in line with that Universal Module in case the module fails or the software goes to sleep.

~Bill

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll have another play. I'll report back on how I get on.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          I assume you are using a Temperature Action with the following setup
          Conditional ON H99
          Conditional OFF nothing
          Turn Device H13
          On When R1
          Off When R1
          On Device is Below Lower Limit
          Off Device is Above Upper Limit
          Continue Forever
          Lower Limit -1+T13
          Upper Limit +1+T13
          Enable Conditional Turn ON Device

Note you should have some dead-zone range in the upper and lower limit set points to prevent oscillation. Also the H99 conditional will stop the temperature action from turning H13 ON, but it will not force H13 OFF if it is already ON. Since you not only want to stop the thermostat operation, but also force H13 OFF, you should have another event that forces H13 OFF some short time after H99 indicates vacant. This second event, however, should only be needed if you are concerned about the situation where H99 indicates inactive when R1 is currently between upper and lower limits since it will normally go OFF when it does reach the upper limit based upon R1 being ON and increasing the temperature.

Ok, thanks for that, I've done that, one quick question.

What does the option "continue forever" actually do? Does this mean I only have to trigger the event once, and then it runs on it's own? or do I have to set the event to re occour every few mins?

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Forever means set it once and it will continue to run until you delete the event from Homeseer. This temperature action is typically setup to trigger manually and it is done only once. In retrospect I believe I should have made the emulated thermostat independent of the HS Event as there really is no relationship.

Comment

I've enabled the option to continue forever, so do I need to trigger the event manually each time homeseer starts (startup script maybe) or just leave it there with no triggers?

Comment

It should not require any retriggering. I recall someone had problem in the past where they used something in the startup script but I do not remember any of the particulars. The discussion was on this board if you want to try to research.

Comment

This plug in is working a treat for me, Top job!

Cheers

Jim

Comment

HA7net

I can't describe how great it would be if MCS Temperature just only would support the HA7net Interface....
                    I used a generic serial I/F before but it just couldn't do the job the HA7net is capable of.
                    So unfortunately I was more or less forced to mess around with another plugin....

Question:
                    Is there any chance that mcs temperature will ever support also the HA7nt ???

Comment

The focus of mcsTemperature is not as an interface plugin, but as a control and display one. The interfaces to external hardware that are provides is just a bonus. The existing HA7Net plugin is sufficient to bring the data into HS and once there mcsTemperature can be used for control and display.

Comment

Working...
                      X