Minor display page problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor display page problem

When I go into the 'Display' setup screen and make any changes to the 'Screen and Chart Dimensions' section and save the changes, the section right above it, 'Client Screen Size' always reverts back to 'Screen Size - 600' for the 'default' . I then have to go back into the 'Client Screen Size' section and reset the default the '800' I want to use. Also if I set up an IP address under that section with a screen size, it seems to be ignored (and uses the 'default') when the PC at that address uses these screens.
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Bump
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

I fixed the loss of the client size setting and it is posted at the top of the subforum. At least after I fixed this I had no issue with the specified sizes based upon IP being shown. I did not try before the fix. If you continue to have problems then we need to find out what HS is returned for the IP of your client. It may be that it is return host name rather than IP and if that is the case that is what you will need to enter for the IP.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
        I fixed the loss of the client size setting and it is posted at the top of the subforum. At least after I fixed this I had no issue with the specified sizes based upon IP being shown. I did not try before the fix. If you continue to have problems then we need to find out what HS is returned for the IP of your client. It may be that it is return host name rather than IP and if that is the case that is what you will need to enter for the IP.
        Yep, that fixed the loss of client size setting problem. THANKS!!

As for the problem with the client IP vs size problem, that appears to be related to the fact that I'm trying to force a certain screen size on my Homeseer server computer. That it won't do, it just uses the default regardless of whether I put in the IP or computer name. It does work fine if I connect with another computer at a different IP. I don't know if you can fix that or not. If not, I'll just leave it the way it is and set up the 'default' settings for how I want it to appear when I connect with my Homeseer sever computer.
        Dick

Comment

It is worth a try to use localhost as the IP for the HS server. You could also determine what HS is expecting by putting the following in a test .asp page

msgbox Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")

Comment

It is worth a try to use localhost as the IP for the HS server. You could also determine what HS is expecting by putting the following in a test .asp page

msgbox Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")
            localhost doesn't work and the IP retrurned by this test.asp is 192.168.1.40 which is the first one I tried when testing this part of the display page setup.
            Dick

Comment

Did you run the test with a browser on the local HS computer and what IP did you use in the URL when running the test? Have you tried 127.0.0.1. That is the one I used when testing on the local HS computer to verify the correct sizing of the charts.

Comment

Did you run the test with a browser on the local HS computer and what IP did you use in the URL when running the test? Have you tried 127.0.0.1. That is the one I used when testing on the local HS computer to verify the correct sizing of the charts.
                Yes, I have been running these tests on the same computer that Homeseer runs on. 127.0.0.1 DOES work correctly. I forgot about 127.0.0.1 being the 'localhost'. When I tested for localhost, I used
                http://localhost:8080. When I use http://127.0.0.1:8080 it works correctly and uses the screen parameters I set up on the Display screen.

THANKS!!!
                Dick

Comment

I seem to be having this problem now. I'm trying to use different chart sizes for different PCs. I want the HS server pc to use large charts and everything else use the default size. When I just use Default in the IP address (as I've done up to now) everything works fine. When I add an IP address to the IP address box I get the default chart size (600) no matter what size I pick.

HS 2.3.0.19
                  MCStemp 5.17.17

So far I've tried the following IP addresses in the entry box. Do I need to shutdown HS when I try this? I just make the change, hit save, and navigate to the chart link.

http://127.0.0.1ortnumber
                  http://192.168.1.30ortnumber

I notice that when I change the screen size of one line/IP address, all the others revert back to the default of 600 when I hit the Save button. So if I have to change one IP address's screen size I need to change all of them to make it stick.

Comment

IP address range?

Michael,

Is there a way to enter a range of IP addesses or a subnet instead of specific addresses? Remote access and my PDAs have dynamic IPs that are usually stay within the same subnet...
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Mr Spock, I suspect you are getting the same size chart for all IPs because the size selected for the additional IPs was not changed from 600. There are two tables. One defines the sizes and the other defines which size should be used for each IP. Likley you do not need to edit the larger of these two, but the one where the IP is selected also needs one of the screen sizes from the second table.

Mark, I added the logic to only look for the leading part of an IP up to the length entered by used. So if you want everything on the 127.0 subnets then enter only 127.0 rather than something like 127.0.0.1 for a specific IP. Any length will work to further wildcard the IP.

V5.18.3 was posted and it also contain a debug output that shows what IP HS is reporting accessed the page and the lookup result as to which screen size will be used. This output is only enabled with General Debug checkbox and output goes to the \Data\mcsTemperature\ .txt file.

Comment

Mr Spock, I suspect you are getting the same size chart for all IPs because the size selected for the additional IPs was not changed from 600. There are two tables. One defines the sizes and the other defines which size should be used for each IP. Likley you do not need to edit the larger of these two, but the one where the IP is selected also needs one of the screen sizes from the second table.
                        Michael

I checked for that. As shown below I have selected the "900" screen size for the local HS machine. The actual screen dimensions for 900 were custom edited for maximum viewing on this PC (nice feature BTW). However using the IP address of "http://127.0.0.1ortnumber" produces the default screen size of 600.

I also don't understand why editing any one of the screen sizes and hitting save will change all unedited screen sizes to 600. I have to manually set/reset all screen sizes if I wish to change only one to make the others stick. This issue of entries getting weird when hitting the save button has occurred to me several times in the past.

I'll check out your new version tomorrow and see what the debug log reports.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Remove the http:// prefix for your IP addrress. The HTTP specifies a protocol and all that mcsTemperature is looking for is the address. I see what you mean about editing the screen size. I will need to look at that later, but you can work around it now that you know the behavior.

Comment

Using the 5.17.17 version I removed the http:// from the IP address and it still did not work. I assumed this was the necessary syntax from RAM's posting.

I updated to 5.18.03 and reconfirmed the screen size (actually had to reset it again to 900) for the local host IP address as 127.0.0.1:xxxx where the xxxx = my port number. I then activated the General Debug log and viewed the file.

I'm noticing two things.

1) It is showing the local host IP address as using Chart Size=300x600 even though I selected "900" (640x950 in my particular case).
                            2) I noticed there is no port number in this IP address. Should there be? I put one in my IP address.

Debug file enclosed.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Do not add the port number only the IP address such as you would see doing a ping or domain name lookup. If you want the localhost addrress, for example, you would enter 127.0.0.1. If you want a PC on the LAN then it would be something like 192.168.0.123. If you wanted all PCs on the LAN subnet, but let WAN go to the default then it would be something like 192.168.0

Comment

Working...
                              X