Weather and Forcast info in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather and Forcast info in UK

Please can someone give me some advice on getting the weather/forcast info working. I'm in the UK if that makes any difference,

Thanks

Jim

The source you will want is Weather.com and using either the download within mcsTemperature or using the WeatherXML script and having mcsTemperature use the file that was downloaded by that script. You need to sign up with Weather.com for an account. You also need to navigate to Weather.com to find the station id nearest to you.

Comment

Sorry to be lame, I've created an account on weather.com found out the code for my city UKXX1730 but still don't know what I need to acutally configure, I can see now where for me to input my user id and password from weather.com on the mcs temp setup screen.

I've only got MCS temperature installed, as this is all I've paid for, is this where I'm going wrong??

Also a bit confused about the difference between the forcast and weather links on the mcstemperature page.

any pointers??

Cheers

Jim

Comment

There is a setup checkbox to use weathercom data from the site. You should create mcsTemperture house code. Also a setup option as a button push. On the Interfaces page you should select collecting and placing forecast data in the database. The Forecat page will show the device codes that the data wil be placed. Dont undrstand your question about wether vs. forecat links

Comment

I have attached screen shots of my setup pages, am I missing something??

Thanks

Jim
          Attached Files

Comment

The forecast and weatherxml source is not equal,...
            My NWS id is Budapest (near working siteid), WeaterXML is is my city

the NWS site id from this link:
            http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/GB_cc.html
            Attached Files

Comment

ok, I'm getting closer I think,

I now get this error in the event log

mcsTemperature WeatherXML on line 710 Object variable or With block variable not set

my user id for weather.com is my email address I assume I put this in the field Partner ID ?
              Last edited by codey; January 20, 2009, 07:14 AM.

Comment

That line is from the XML parser at the very start where it is looking for the C vs F units definition. I suspect the file that is downloaded is not in good XML format. It should have placed the file in your folder. The default is \data\weathercom_xml\weathercom.xml, but is controlled by your .ini setting in Forecast.ini "WeatherXML"/"WeatherXMLFilePath". Take a look and see what is there.

Comment

The XML File does not contain much:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
                  <error>
                  <err type="8">Bad or missing query parameters in request.</err>
                  </error>

I guess this is my problem???

Comment

You can send your mcstemperature.ini and mcsforecast.ini to mcssolutions at centurytel dot net and I can take a look

Comment

Did you receive the files ok?

Regards,

Jim

Comment

I can see what is happening now and I believe Droppyear was on the right track.

I removed the ability of mcsTemperature to download Weather.com data because I did not have all the software in the plugin to comply with the license agreement that you needed to sign when you got your Weather.com account. I do have this enabled for mcsSprinklers and that is why I forget I removed the download capabilty from mcsTemperature.

You have two choices. One is to use the free script to download data from Weather.com. It is called WeatherXML. mcsTemperature can be setup to use this same file after it has been downloaded.

The second choice is find a station ID that is supported by the US National Weather Service.

Comment

Working...
                        X