Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM
    replied
    I assume from a lack of response that I'm stuck with charts that don't show temperatures of zero?

Leave a comment:

• RAM
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    Dont you really want the chart to look as it does rather than having lines go down to zero and back up to the trend line?
    I want the chart to plot the temperatures that were recorded. Believe it or not life doesn't stop here in Minnesota when the temperature reaches zero.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Dont you really want the chart to look as it does rather than having lines go down to zero and back up to the trend line?

Leave a comment:

• RAM
    replied
    Zeroes not plotting on all charts

I noticed today that my plots for outdoor temps look OK for the 6 hour plot, but the 24 hour plots have the zero values not plotting. (You can ignore the missing values around 1500-1600 hrs yesterday. I was installing some new software and the HA computer wasn't running then)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RAM
    replied
    Just wanted to let you know that the local temperature has passed below zero and the temperature plots look good, zeros showing up just fine.
    Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    The temperature sensor was the only one that was filtered out. It was too long ago for me to remember the history of work in this area.

Leave a comment:

• RAM
    replied
    You can try 5.14.7 at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsTemperature5147.zip. I tried to include the zero values in the temperture lines. See if it works for you.
    Michael,
    I installed this and it seems to have done the trick. It's well above zero right now, but I did a 1 week graph and the line are continuous over last week when the temps went below zero. I'll know for sure Saturday as the temp is supposed to go to -10 Friday night. I'll let you know. Thanks for this update.
    You said above: "I tried to include the zero values in the temperture lines." Does that mean only zeros in 'Temperature' sensors will be included in graphs?

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    You can try 5.14.7 at http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsTemperature5147.zip. I tried to include the zero values in the temperture lines. See if it works for you.

Leave a comment:

• RAM
    replied
    That is by design as it deals with the situation of dropouts which could result in lines going to zero and back again. I do not recall what the implications are if this was made an option.
    Just checking to see if you were going to check into a way to have MCS Temperature properly plot zeros when they are legitimate zeros.

Leave a comment:

• RAM
    replied
    That is by design as it deals with the situation of dropouts which could result in lines going to zero and back again. I do not recall what the implications are if this was made an option.
    Well, in Minnesota in January a temperature of zero doesn't mean anything except a normal cold day, (like today). Can you check and see if you can make it an option?
    I was able to get around it with my furnace monitoring situation. Instead of zero for off I use a small number (.01) and that's Ok for the way I display it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RAM
    started a topic Charts won't plot zeroes

Charts won't plot zeroes

I have two different charts now that won't plot a point if the value is zero. One is an outside temperatures chart and with temps below zero lately, I noticed that when the temp is right at zero the points just do not plot. The line for that device just shows a gap in it when the temp should be zero. I have another that monitors my furnace and plots if the furnace is off (a zero), on low fire (a '1') or on high fire (a '2'). the low and high fire 1's and 2's show up fine, but when the furnace is off, I get nothing, a gap in the line produced. I checked the database and the zero value is being stored in the database as a zero, but just isn't plotting.
Working...
X